Is it possible to upgrade from the trial version to the full version? I tried out the trial version, and decided that it could be configured to behave the way I wanted, so I purchased the full version. This installed itself side-by-side with the trial, rather than upgrading. Fair enough, that's probably an Android market limitation, but it would have been nice if it kept the settings I set with the trial at least.
I thought I'd work around this by doing a back up from Trial, and a restore to Full, but that didn't work. It didn't say why it didn't work, or even that it had failed, but no settings were changed. Further investigation showed that the trial and the full versions save their backup settings in two different folders on the SD card, so I moved backup.zip from smartkeyboard to smartkeyboardpro, but it still didn't work.
Is it actually impossible to keep the settings I've customised - do I have to go through it all again?
Alex
I thought I'd work around this by doing a back up from Trial, and a restore to Full, but that didn't work. It didn't say why it didn't work, or even that it had failed, but no settings were changed. Further investigation showed that the trial and the full versions save their backup settings in two different folders on the SD card, so I moved backup.zip from smartkeyboard to smartkeyboardpro, but it still didn't work.
Is it actually impossible to keep the settings I've customised - do I have to go through it all again?
Alex