Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Cannot get HTC Incredible to select Smart Keyboard Pro

Cricket
I downloaded and installed the Smart Keyboard Pro app, followed the setup instructions, and have tried over and over to get my texting to select this new keyboard. I searched this forum and yes, I have tried to do this numerous times:
What people usually don't get right is the last step: Then long press in any text input area until a popup menu appears, select "Input Method" in this menu, and choose "Smart Keyboard PRO" in the list.

However, the only pop-up menu I get is if I want to paste text.

What to do??

I go back to settings - keyboards, and the Smart Keyboard Pro is the only one in the list, and my settings are saved, but I cannot use or see this keyboard.

Thank you!
Cricket
Well, as soon as I post this, I fix it.
As a last resort, I selected the Smart Keyboard Pro choice of the two SKP choices that grabs my passwords, cc info, etc and saves it. I did not want this choice. Now that I've chosen this one, the popup menu works. and Now I have the keyboard.

Is this the only way to use it?
Thanks