Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Moving cursor

fekish
I downloaded from Google Codes purely by luck a keyboard called AnySoftKeyboard...

The feature that i really liked, is that between the suggestion line and the letters, there is a thin line with buttons. Over there we can have four arrows, left up down right... It doesnt matter if it is not so thick...

I really liked this feature on that keeyboard...
fekish
should we be waiting for any updates to the keyboard? :P
NickC
Interesting idea, but how difficult is it to press the arrow keys on such a thin line?
fekish
well, it will sure be more comfortable compared to pressing between letters to take the cursor there! :D
NickC
That's true. I just go to the arrow key page and use that. But would be nice if we could move the cursor without having to go to a separate page. I was hoping gestures would take care of this, but as a different topic has posted - the gestures don't work as well as we'd like.
s73fan
Hello, it would be great for android tablets if the cursor (arrow) keys could be integrated in text and numeric keyboard optionaly instead of having a own arrow keybpoard. I saw it on ultra keyboard ... but I prefered to buy Smart Keyboard :-D

Thanks, Stefan
Ad Fundum
Arrowskeys ARE integrated in Smart Keyboard :) To enable them, go to General Settings -> Layout Arrowskeys

Then you can access them by pressing 123 on the keyboard & then the <>-key . Enjoy!
chtamina
the big problem here is that gestures won't work properly on every device.
fekish
any idea if the volume button on the side will be used to move the cursor?
Or at least if any of the other ideas would be used?

thanks
fekish
Cyril thanks also for this! Amazing work you have done to include alln these bits and pieces that were requested!

Keep on the good work!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk