Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Voice Input language does not change

highwind
I posted a bug report yesterday but it seems like forum gets better exposure. So please forgive me if posting a bug here and on the bug reporting site is not condoned. (I'll remove this if it is.)

Here is the bug that I submitted: http://bugs.smartkeyboardpro.com/view.php?id=216
And reproduced here for convenience:

Platform
Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G

OS
Android

OS Version
2.2.1

Description
Even after changing the key board language the voice input language remains the same.

Steps To Reproduce
1. Go to the smart keyboard settings.
2. Add Korean to the language.
3. Open Memo app (this is reproducible in any app that uses the keyboard though)
4. Change the language to Korean.
5. Press the Mic button.
6. Say something in Korean (an-nyeong)
7. Notice that all the suggestions are in English.

Additional Information
This started to happen after I upgraded my phone's OS from 2.1 to 2.2.


I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the language for voice input never changes.
It's stuck in English forever, regardless of what language I pick.

Let me know if it's a known issue and if there's a work around to this.

Thanks!
cyril Developer
Hello
can you check that in your global voice input settings (in phone settings) the language is set to "Default" and not explicitly to English?