Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

getting, voice input, doman key, and Smiley on same creen???

hxadecmel
Hello all, first i Must say that i loved my confirmation calculation (44 minus 2) I had to resist the urge...


Anyways i have been using trial for a while and i am ready to buy Pro, there's just one small thing that is driving me crazy. I do apologize if this is a stupid question, but i have played wit the settings extensively, read the FAQ, Users manual, and browsed any thread i thought might be relevant on the forum. Here goes:

The main reason i downloaded this is because i wanted to be able to use the full keyb'd in landscape mode, and have a 4x3 + T9 type in portrait. (Why this is not available in android or Touchwiz keyboard is beyond me) Someone from howardforums directed me here. All i want is to simply be able to use the voice input (most important), the Smiley (2nd most). and have the .com show up in all modes (This is because i work in IT and i frequently have to send url's through email/messaging. I want to be able to see all three without having to use a gesture or the 123 key int he lower left. Can this be done?

Note: In 4x3 mode, there is a right facing arrow next to the space bar, i do not ever use it, and will sacrifice it if possible.

Thanks!
cyril Developer
Hello
unfortunately you have to choose ;) The .com key replaces the comma / voice input key, so you cannot have both. However a hack can be to add ".com" in the smiley key (thanks to the smiley editor), if you don't mind the auto space when you use this key
hxadecmel
I suppose i could do that, then just use a custom autotext to do smiley's. I can't believe that didn't dawn on me, i used to do that with my RAZR :) I will give this a try, not sure if the extra space will be an issue or not. If it's works well I will be happy to buy pro. Thank you.
hxadecmel
Or i could just use an autotext to do the .com right? (and maybe throw in a www while I'm at it?)