Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
Hi! I just bought your app for Android. I do like it and find it really useful (I use the Japanese and the Arabic keyboard). Perhaps, I would say, the Arabic script should improve a little and needs to tie the letters better. However, I also use the Catalan language and I'm missing the dictionary for the predictive text (it comes with the Catalan keyboard with all our letters and signs ç,·,`,¨,´ which is great!). Do you have any plans to include the dictionary? The dictionary already exists in many phones (T9 has it), you just have to put it in there. Otherwise, I own a Catalan dictionary which is a .txt file with some 173.000 words, which is a good start. Is there any way I can insert the file or the words somewhere into my phone (Samsung Galaxy S with 2.2) so it works? moreover, if you wish, I may send you the file for free, so you can create the app.
You have to know that up to Android 2.2 there's no Catalan language support, that means including the Catalan language T9 could be a good asset for you. Android 2.3 includes Catalan language support, so I guess, it will come with build in Catalan menus, T9 and so on...
Congratulations for the app!
Hello
is your word list sorted by frequency of usage? If yes, it should be possible to build a dictionary from it
It is just alphabetically sorted. It is not a Corpus with word usage... I'm attaching you the dictionary so you can take a look at it.
I could not add the file... it says too large...but it only weights 422kb...
Hi,
At this link you may download a Catalan dictionary:
http://www.zumodrive.com/share/9UWoY2M1Mz Otherwise, you may download from this link:
http://www.softcatala.org/wiki/Categoria:Rebost_Llengua dictionaries for Mozilla, Openoffice, Aspell and so on. Perhaps it might be useful.
Looking forward for the predictive Catalan dictionary,
Hi Cyril,
I haven't had any answer regarding the Catalan prediction... perhaps you are busy with other dictionaries. Are you working in it? Did you try the links I gave you?
Thank you, again,
David
Indeed I was busy (but not with dictionaries

), I will try to have a look at it
ok... look at the links I had sent you. Take it easy... no rush!
thank you for your interest.
David
any luck with the Catalan dictionary?
any luck with the Catalan dictionary?

As I can see many languages keep adding on... and however Catalan petition starts to be a little old... some languages past in front of Catalan...

The thing is that for the other languages, someone helped me finding word frequency information (which is an absolute requirement), and I don't have this for Catalan. Otherwise I would be happy to create this dictionary.
Have you tried it the links I posted it? those are already built Catalan diciotnaries... otherwise I'll try to see what can I do...
Yes, I had a look and they all seem to be only unsorted word lists.
Hi!
I got two dictionaries sorted by word usage... I'm a linguist and I made it out myself out of a Corpus with some 500.000 words.
I attach you 2 links as I can see I can't upload txt files.
One file "Catalan_gross" is the full file with some 500.000 words... and the other one is a "clean" file with no repetitions, no punctuation marks, so on... let me know about it, please...
thanks!
David
links:
http://www.zumodrive.com/share/axeWZmZlZT http://www.zumodrive.com/share/axeXNDgzM2Ok thanks for the files.
Here is a first version of the dictionary, let me know if you see problems before I publish it on the market. I had to remove duplicate words (I remove upper case words if there is an equivalent lower case word) and the numbers at the end, but some irrelevant words may remain.
Hi! Cyril!
So far it works great!!!! Let me explain you: the dictionary was made out of a Corpus withdrawn from newspapers and there are many names and last names. They can easily be identified because their first letter is capìtal and because some names are easy to tell even though you do not speak Catalan, furthermore, some are Spanish names or belonging to other languages... what do you think, do you leave them? or remove them? what is best? what is easiest for you?
You've done a great job, your keyboard works great and I'm happy with the purchase and even happier for my cooperation
David
Hi Cyril,
the dictionary works great, you may go ahead with it!
thanks!