Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Multittouch implementation

tjhop4292
I would like to start with 'I love the keyboard'.

However, there is a feature that im envious of, for lack of a better word.

On the standard, stock, multitouch keyboard that comes on the droid X, you can hold down the shift button and press other letters to capitalize them without releasing the finger. While smart keyboard supports multitouch, it seems to be limited to only capitalizing one letter. As in, I can use multitouch to capitalize a letter, but i cannot use it to capitalize a word, because I would need to re-press the shift button to capitalize each letter. This makes the multitouch near useless because you need to re-press everytime, meaning that it would just be easier to re-press it again vs re-pressing and holding for the multitouch.

I looked for a setting in the keyboard to change this, but I cant seem to find it if its there.

My request is that the keyboard be updated so that the user can hold down the shift key and capitalize any amount of letters, vs just one like it does currently.

Thanks for the time
-
TJ
chtamina
not a fix but double tapping on shift should make a CAPS LOCK
tjhop4292
Very true and I have been doing that.

Its only my personal preference to have the multi touch option as well!

-
TJ
(Sent from my Droid X)
leromarinvit
Seconded. This is one of very few niggles I have with Smart Keyboard. The Gingerbread keyboard does this better, I'd love to see this feature in Smart Keyboard.