Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Input area covered up by keyboard - HTC Wildfire

adampeers
I'm using the HTC Wildfire, 2.1. When using Seesmic - I find that the keyboard covers the input area, which includes important information (such as character count and suggested contacts). When Seesmic is used with Swype or the default keyboard, the input area is resized accordingly. On Tweetdeck, sometimes the second line of the input area would be covered by the word suggestions in Smart Keyboard. Again, this does not happen on any other keyboards.

Is there some way that programmes could recognise the size of the keyboard and adjust accordingly. As the resolution on my Wildfire is quite low, I've already had to significantly reduce the height of the keyboard.
richardkemp
Try Smart Keyboard Pro Settings > General Settings

Tick 'Portrait fullscreen'
browncharlie
Hey just go to SETTING and in that DISPLAY SETTING and just select the normal mode.

And then also if it's not working just RESTORE YOUR SETTING of your phone to DEFAULT FACTORY SETTING. I have use in my HTC wildfire phone. Their after i have purchase htc wildfire case because it just stuck because of fall down of mobile phone.
tmiv44
I get this Problem all the time on my HTC Thunderbolt. In Portrait mode I can usually scroll the part above the keyboard up or down to where I need it to be, but in Landscape mode this is near impossible. I too use full-screen mode to avoid this problem, but I wish I didn't have to as you lose some important stuff (i.e. SMS character count). However other Keyboards don't have this problem, and know when to display the text box you're typing into.

-Tm