Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Create superman skin?

KingstonBS
I was wondering if someone could create a Superman skin? I have seen a IME HTC that's phenomenal bit I would love to have that avail for this keyboard. Thanks in advance!
Centerman
KingstonBS wrote:I have a .zip file with the keyboard, but I cannot seem to make it work. Any suggestions?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ua5bwr...apk.eclair.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l6ihs5....apk.froyo.zip
This is how I got the Keyboard skins to display on my Samsung Captivate.

1. Created /sdcard/skins folder...... This is where the problem was for me :o The skins folder you make must be in the root directory of the phone itself. Not in the sdcard folder or on your SD chip.

Skins now display and work fine.
KingstonBS
    I know this is a HUGE noob question, but exactly how do I do that?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Centerman
    KingstonBS wrote:
      I know this is a HUGE noob question, but exactly how do I do that?
      Thanks for all your help!
      Uh oh' were both in trouble because I'm a noob too :) I connect my Captivate to my computer with the provided USB cable. I Googled my Captivates drivers so that windows could see it. I pressed mount in the phones task bar on the top of it's screen. Windows then saw the phone as a drive that it could open and you can see folders in there. I made a new folder and named it skins right in phone. I put the zips with skins in it. Unmounted (unplugged) went into the menus related to the Keyboard and the Skins were there to choose and use.
      KingstonBS
      I give up, my Droid X will not allow me to access my the root, so IDK what the problem is?!?!?
      Thanks for your help
      firstin
      U simply just need astro file manager from the market (its free)
      Then use ur Ph to download the zip. Open astro in ur sdcard press menu create new folder,name it skins, this is the folder u will put all ur skin zip files into. Now navigate to download folder and hold down thezip file u just downloaded andselect edit-move, finaly navigate back to the skins folder u created and hold down on it select edit-paste.

      Hope this helps good luck
      KingstonBS
      Ok, on a whim I downloaded 1 of the skin someone on this forum created & BOOM, there it was. So thanks to everyone for all your help. However, the Superman skin isn't showing up, so it must be the file itself?
      Maybe someone could create a Superman skin, cause Lord knows I'd never be able to figure it out, lol. I have seen some unbelievable work on here, so I guess I'm asking if someone would care to make one? The zip file I put at the top of the post has an unbelievable one, but I guess since its a HTC IME skin, it wont work with this fantastic keyboard. Thanks for any consideration the fine artists from this forum take.
      Again, thanks everyone for all your help!
      KingstonBS
      That would be GREAT if you could make one, I really REALLY appreciate it!!!!
      thank you
      KingstonBS
      That looks AMAZING!!!! That's perfect!!!! Even of you threw some yellow in there (maybe the numbers over the letters?) would look great! I'm not really using a version, (i have the razr maxx, so probably hd?) I was just wanting a Superman keyboard that would work with Smart Keyboard. I really appreciate your hard work, this looks so good!!!