Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

T9 punctuation bugs

Mattrendall
When I type a word using the T9 keyboard, if its not the primary word (i.e. if I have to use the next button to switch the word to another one) and then i put punctuation directly after it, the word changes back to the primary word.

For example, if i type 4663, it gives me "good". If I change it to home using the next button and then put a * directly after it, the * appears, but it changes the word back to "good*"


Also, if I add an apostrophe and another letter to a word, sometime it doesn't recognize the whole thing and changes it to gibberish.
For example, if I type Brittany, it knows the word and predicts it fine. But if I type Brittany's, it gives me gibberish. It seems like when using an apostrophe, the word before it needs to be a separate predictive system, not connected with the whole thing.


Finally, kind of along the same lines, I don't know why when I type 9373 it gives me "we're" as the first word. Obviously, I use we're more than were, but if I wanted we're, I would've typed 93173, there is an apostrophe button for a reason, I don't want it predicting apostrophes that I don't type. The same issue arises when I type 46, it gives me I'm instead of in. If I wanted I'm, I would've typed 416. I just don't think words with apostrophes need to be predicted when the apostrophe button isn't pressed.

Smart Keyboard Pro is still the best T9 keyboard on the Market by far (I can't speak for its other functions, as I only us T9), but I would gladly pay more for it if some of these little feature were worked out. Thank you
chtamina
i wrote a similar post about managing the apostrophe, in this forum.
I totally agree with your points.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
chtamina
nssc wrote:Did this ever get resolved?
no