Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

configurable blank space below bottom keys

EvilMike
One thing that would really make a difference for me is if i could have a small amount of blank space below the bottom row of keys. I have a phone with soft buttons and I keep hitting the back button and hiding the keyboard by accident. It would be great to have a slider or something like that in the configuration options so that I can move the bottom row of keys up just a little. I think this woukd be a great addition for the future. A gap roughly the size of the one on the gingerbread keyboard would also be great just as a configuration flag.

Anyway I hope you implement this as it would be really useful for me and I am sure that others with soft buttons would benefit too.
BozQ
Oh yes! Definitely! This will be so useful on my HTC Desire HD.
This should be considered as well.

Heck, I just pressed into the Back Button twice accidentally trying to type this message.
cyril Developer
Yes, it's a good idea I also wanted to implement, I will look at it soon.
cyril Developer
Added in the latest beta ("bottom padding" option). Can you have a look?
del-boy
I have HTC Desire HD too and Bottom Padding works great for me. Thanks...