Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

T9 spanish keyboard

lacasito
Hello!

I have configured Smart Keyboard to use it in Spanish. Using T9 layout, when I press the "MNO" button, the order is "OMN" and when I press "WXYZ" the order is "YWXZ". I don't know if it is a bug or if I can change something in the configuration to solve it.

Thanks
cyril Developer
Actually it was a trick to suggest "o" and "y" with more priority, but I will go back to a normal order in the next version
darkblade
Hi. Im considering to buy the application but only if this bug was fixed. It's really annoying. Is it solved in the 3.13.0 version? Thanks.
chtamina
do this letters get handled by the priority system as well?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
cyril Developer
darkblade wrote:Hi. Im considering to buy the application but only if this bug was fixed. It's really annoying. Is it solved in the 3.13.0 version? Thanks.
It will be fixed in 3.14.0
VMX
Hey there. I came here to report this, but I see it's been noted.

It's never a good idea to use any kind of letter priority in a fixed layout that relies on repetitive tapping without prediction, because once people memorize the layout it makes them go nuts if you change it :)

Any estimates on when the next version will be released? I'm on the verge of buying this keyboard or not, but I can't test how fast I am with portrait typing until this bug is solved.

Also, the ç and Ç characters seem to be missing right? It's in every Spanish keyboard due to the fact that it's used in Catalan, and even though it's not used in Spanish at all, many of us use it to refer to Barça football team, you know xD

If you could add this character to Spanish/Latin layout (probably under the C key), it would be complete.

Thanks in advance.
cyril Developer
The next version will be released in the coming days. Meanwhile you can try the latest beta, in which I also added the ç so that you can talk about the Barça ;)