Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

debounce function?

dbum
Hello guys,

my biggest problem when typing quite qickly is that i hit letters twice, due to Smart Keyboard's actually great responsiveness and my Nexus One's mediocre multitouch capability..

Example:
I wanna type a simple word like "won't". I want to type "wont" and hit space to get it auto corrected to "won't".
But what happens really often is that i actually type "woont" which becomes auto corrected to "spontaneous". VERY irritating and annoying. When I don't pedanticly check my texts before sending, they usually contain bits like "he spontaneous tell spouse" (won't, you) :|

And all that is, in my opinion, could be solved with a debounce function that wouldn't allow you to hit the same letter again within X milliseconds.

What do you guys think? Hope I'm not the only one with this problem..
nick.koutrelakos
What about words with two of the same letters in a row?