This is a wonderful keyboard, i have tried several and nothing else compares. While composing a text message, it would be very nice if the font size in the entry box were larger, or if there was a setting allowing more choices for the font size. Lots and Lots of people have vision issues and i can see this feature being very popular. Thank you for an excellent product.
Larger font size in text entry box
Hello
unfortunately the keyboard cannot control the appearance of the text in the input box (the only thing it can do is underline it or set the background color).
unfortunately the keyboard cannot control the appearance of the text in the input box (the only thing it can do is underline it or set the background color).
Cyril,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not sure how, but it seems that ultra keyboard (which IMO doesn't compare to Smart Keyboard in most aspects) has a feature in the "editor" section allowing a "zoom" feature in which you can choose a zoom level and it does make the (text entry box) font significantly larger. Maybe it is being accomplished in some indirect manner, not sure. Anyway, the sensitivity, responsiveness and other features make SKB, by far, the best one that I have tried. I just have such a hard time seeing the tiny font in the entry box. Again, thanks for the prompt response and if you come across some way of addressing this issue I'm sure it would please a lot of folks.
Kindest Regards
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not sure how, but it seems that ultra keyboard (which IMO doesn't compare to Smart Keyboard in most aspects) has a feature in the "editor" section allowing a "zoom" feature in which you can choose a zoom level and it does make the (text entry box) font significantly larger. Maybe it is being accomplished in some indirect manner, not sure. Anyway, the sensitivity, responsiveness and other features make SKB, by far, the best one that I have tried. I just have such a hard time seeing the tiny font in the entry box. Again, thanks for the prompt response and if you come across some way of addressing this issue I'm sure it would please a lot of folks.
Kindest Regards
Indeed Ultra Keyboard does this, but in its own editor window, not in the window of the app. It means that such a feature implies fullscreen mode (which you can get in portrait orientation thanks to the "portrait fullscreen" option), but that's right, in that case it would be possible to customize everything (font, size, etc.).
any way for me to do that with SKB ?
For you, no, but for me, yes
I just mean it would be possible to implement this feature, but there is some work to do it...
If there is any way, please implement this change. would make a huge difference to those of us who have vision issues. A small donation would not be a problem if that will help.
COME ON GUYS, IF YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE USEFUL, SIGN IN AND POST A REPLY, THIS WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT KEYBOARD EVEN BETTER.
COME ON GUYS, IF YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE USEFUL, SIGN IN AND POST A REPLY, THIS WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT KEYBOARD EVEN BETTER.
I agree. It would be an excellent feature. I've wanted that feature ever since I got an Android phone. I tried Ultra Keyboard and didn't like it much.
It would be especially useful for people with smaller screens.
It would be especially useful for people with smaller screens.
I have been hoping for this feature since getting my phone. I don't want to have to put on my reading glasses every time I need to send a text, but I can't see the small letters in the input box. I have set the preview box to a large font, but it is not convenient to have to back out of the input box to proofread my message in preview before sending. Needless to say I send a lot of messages with gibberish from mistyping.
sure it would be useful
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Well I have good news for those of you who want this feature. if you are using Handcent Messaging (and trust me, if you're not you should be) there is now a setting ---Custom style>bubble settings and scroll to the bottom, next to last item is "edit box font"---that allows you to change the font style and size in the edit box. This setting may have been here all along, not sure as there have been a few recent updates. either way, it solve this issue for me so I thought I'd pass it along. Thanks Cyril for considering addressing this issue in SKB.
+1 for this. Imho, fullscreen can be enabled in portrait mode too...
almost a year later and still hoping an improvement will be made so that the font in the text input window can be made larger. Even using Handcent full editor, when you bring up the keyboard in landscape orientation to type, you get the small text in the keyboard text input window. Don't want to have to back out every time to proofread my message. I would prefer to be able to actually see it as I type it.