Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Red Letter Suggestions Not Working

DavidNexus
Hi,
I have noticed a problem and not quite sure how to word it and I have tried searching but didn't find any results.
When I am typing a text, the suggestion box appears and I see the word I want, I tap it, the screen acknowledges the tap by the word appearing above the tap, I release and no changes have been made to the text.
For example, I type email, the suggestions are
Ema, email (in red), emailed, emails. The word I want is emails & I tap it, a little box appears with the word emails appears, I release the tap and no change has been made, email is still in the box. I tap again, same thing (emails pops up, but no change).
Is this a bug or is there some setting I need to activate or de-activate?
cyril Developer
I understand your problem, but it doesn't seem to be reproducible. In which app does it happen (and when) ?
DavidNexus
Hi Cyril,
This happens in the Handcent app that I use for text messages.