Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Punctuation in Suggestion Bar

gobbmeister
Any chance the suggestion bar be customisable with regard to punctuation?

Instead of just having ! ? ,@ _ how about being able to customize which punctuation appears?

The reason for asking is I often use " " - / \ and I much prefer using the suggestion bar rather than long pressing.

Many thanks!
chtamina
yes!
i want to add these
# : ( )

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
mightymaus
I'd also find this really helpful. I'd like to swap out the suggested underscore with a hyphen, for example.
richardkemp
Perhaps it could just automatically update content based on frequency of use?
cyril Developer
This feature is now here, in the latest beta!
There is a new option "custom punctuation"
mightymaus
And now it's in the latest Market release! Thanks very much, cyril.

I've now added a hyphen and quotation marks to the suggestion bar. The hyphen works perfectly - this sort of thing is now very quick to type out - but with the quotation marks I find the second "closing "marks appear with the wrong spacing as I've just demonstrated, rather than as "closing" marks. Would it be possible to tweak it somehow so that I don't have to go back and fix it manually every time?
cyril Developer
This is because you typed this space yourself, or enabled the option "space after picking" (which is off by default)
NickC
This feature is working like a charm for me in the latest update! Thanks!!