Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Two Periods Give You A Comma (.. = ,) 2 Periods=1 Comma

yhwhsupports
The standard keyboard on my Droid X has a feature to press the period twice and upon hitting the space bar it gives you a comma. This feature is extremely convenient and the only thing I've missed about the stock keyboard since I purchased this app back in August. Thanks.
alcarin
i think you can manage this with the Autotext shortcut function.
mightymaus
Building on the "period on double space" feature, I wonder whether a "comma on triple space" feature would also be quite slick. Or would that be more effort than just hitting the comma key?