Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Currency symbol idea

quatermass
Smart Keyboard pro

Can we have the option of using our local currency symbol instead of the $ over the d key?
:D

Also I'd like the comma to be in it's own key to the left of the space bar.

There seems to be a problem with shortcuts.
I wanted 'home.' to be changed to my home.mytriops.com url. But the program doesn't recognise shortcut words which end in a full stop.
The program doesn't alert the user to any invalid characters entered. :)

But this app is by far the best keyboard. :)
cyril Developer
quatermass wrote:Can we have the option of using our local currency symbol instead of the $ over the d key?
What is your currency? You have £ and € available on "d" key if you use "English (UK)" layout, otherwise you can also define a custom autotext to replace "d" by the symbol you want
Also I'd like the comma to be in it's own key to the left of the space bar.
Just disable the mic key option
There seems to be a problem with shortcuts.
I wanted 'home.' to be changed to my home.mytriops.com url. But the program doesn't recognise shortcut words which end in a full stop.
Indeed you cannot use word separators in a shortcut
quatermass
Thanks for that. I didn't have it set to English UK.
Maybe rename 'English' to 'English US' or look up the users language and keyboard settings in his phone and use that? :)

Thanks for your support, I appreciate it.
quatermass
cyril wrote:
There seems to be a problem with shortcuts.
I wanted 'home.' to be changed to my home.mytriops.com url. But the program doesn't recognise shortcut words which end in a full stop.
Indeed you cannot use word separators in a shortcut
But your app doesn't stop me entering them? ;)
jonasz
Hi,

I am using the french keyboard layout, and the $ is over the D.
I am in a country (Belgium) where we are using € (like in France), so it would be great to be able to choose € as main currency.

Thanks for reading. ;)
NubCake
Well, i live in Slovenia and its kinda annoying that we dont have € symbol at d (not that i use it much, but anyway), only $, maybe it would be good for all languages to have them both on the d key (can't harm noone).
jonasz
or simply add an option to choose this ;)
tmiv44
I Just switched from Blackberry to Android (and pretty Happy so far) but on the BB there is a dedicated Currency key, and of course a setting to change said key to produce whatever money symbol you want. It would be nice if that was an option in Smart Keyboard. Or better yet, allow the Period(.) and the comma(,) keys to be not just hide-able, but also customizable so you can add any punctuation/symbol/accent mark you like.

-Tm