Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

auto correct alert

dan55
hi Cyril
please could you add a feature to alert if SKP has had to correct or could not correct a word? I quite often find I have sent the wrong word in a message because
it has auto corrected and I didn't notice

many thanks
dan
richardkemp
A variation of this could be a reminder for words which commonly come on wrong. For example, using English T9 it is easy to mix up some common combinations which use the same keys, like: home/good ; me/of ; on/no ; if/he/i.e./I'd

A small beep or vibration to remind you you just typed an ambiguous letter sequence and just tapped space without choosing from the suggestions bar which you wanted would be great.
dan55
I agree. anything that can alert you to a word that needs attention from user would be good imo
cheers

an alert for the situation where a space character isn't registered, so that 2 words
get joined together would be good
cyril Developer
Why not... but I'm a bit affraid that people would like a lot of customization for this alert (flash, sound, vibration, or who knows what)
dan55
:-D true.but something would be good imo as I get
the issue a lot. what about a poll to vote for alert type?
dan55
I think this is now my most wanted new feature ;-)
dan55
go on ........you know it makes sense :D

this is my main issue now - other than that - SKP works very well - just my big fingers :D
dan55
hi Cyril
I will be happy to beta test this for you ;-)

I'm wondering if part if this issue might be due to the space key is along the edge of
the screen in landscape mode and hence is less likely to register sometimes?
cheers
dan
dan55
really need this one as often the space bar doesn't register.

maybe some space at bottom of keyboard might help to get it away from edge of screen?
cheers
dan
dan55
still think this would be a good addition ;)
cyril Developer
I'm not telling this is a bad idea, but I'm just waiting for a bit more feedbacks from other people ;)
dan55
hi Cyril
:-D right I get you. will see what I can do ;-)
cheers
dan
dan55
oh dear - still no votes :( at this rate i will be typing silly long words that dont mean anything for ever! :cry:
dan55
hi Cyril
how is this amend coming on ? ;-)
cheers
dan
dan55
I think it should alert as soon as SKP can't figure out what you are typing.
eg: I'm typing the followed by game, but I actually type thengame because I
hit letter n rather than space key
tmiv44
I agree this is exactly the kind of issue I often have when typing. I wish there was a way to make the space bar a bit taller then the rest of the keys.

-Tm
dan55
hi
I was also thinking that maybe also need space below the space key in landscape ?
there is a setting for this in portrait but I don't use it as most typing in landscape.
cheers
dan
cyril Developer
Some phone such as the Nexus One have soft buttons at the bottom of the screen that can be pressed by mistake, that's why this option was supposed to be useful only in portrait. Why would it help in landscape?
dan55
hi Cyril

ah I see.
was thinking that if button was further away from edge of screen then it would be more likely to register when pressed ?

cheers
dan
richardkemp
I would add that I also often miss the space key. By far my most frequent mistake. Perhaps the space bar row heights could be adjusted separate to the rest?
dan55
hi Richard,

thanks for the post - ive played around with adjusting the key heights but not seen a significant improvement - plus it messes with the entry field view etc - so not too good imo

ive been getting quite a few incorrect space presses today - it seems that you have to aim for the bottom of the space bar rather than the middle of it

cheers
dan
chtamina
I just voted

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dan55
cool thanks

lets keep this thread hot :-)

cheers
dan
dan55
i Cyril,
I have a theory for this:

If a word is matched fully –ie all the letters press match a correct word –and then on the next key press the word match is lost Completely –then an incorrect space bar press must have occurred
You could even lock it down to the key that are above the space bar to make it more exact imo

??

cheers
dan