still can't see this feature in latest release 
auto correct alert
hi
thanks for post.
Cyril ?
cheers
dan
thanks for post.
Cyril ?
cheers
dan
??
hi Cyril
how is this feature progressing?
cheers
dan
how is this feature progressing?
cheers
dan
hi Cyril
looks like vibrate alert is the winner
cheers
dan
looks like vibrate alert is the winner
cheers
dan
Hi
I thought again about this, but it's not clear to me how to detect incorrect presses. I'm sure you would not want an alert every second
I thought again about this, but it's not clear to me how to detect incorrect presses. I'm sure you would not want an alert every second
hi Cyril
please no!
that would be too much you are correct.
what about by previous idea about detecting the point where the guessed word
suddenly becomes unmatched?
edit:
what i see when this happens is that as im typing the first word, SKP is showing varies possible words in the suggestion bar as normal. but then when i go to press space and get another letter, there are suddenly no hightlighted words in the list. and
by the time i get to the end of the word, there is only the long/merged word showing in the bar.
so thinking about it, maybe your idea is a good one - ie keep vibrate alerting while there is no valid match ?
cheers
dan
please no!
what about by previous idea about detecting the point where the guessed word
suddenly becomes unmatched?
edit:
what i see when this happens is that as im typing the first word, SKP is showing varies possible words in the suggestion bar as normal. but then when i go to press space and get another letter, there are suddenly no hightlighted words in the list. and
by the time i get to the end of the word, there is only the long/merged word showing in the bar.
so thinking about it, maybe your idea is a good one - ie keep vibrate alerting while there is no valid match ?
cheers
dan
? Cyril
hi Cyril.
any new thoughts on this one?
I think quite a few people here would like it.
cheers
dan
any new thoughts on this one?
I think quite a few people here would like it.
cheers
dan
As I said detecting wrong auto corrections is not an easy thing. and if it was easy, the keyboard would actually be able to avoid them, not only do an alert.
However to progress on this subject, someone proposed to have an option to activate vibration only for the space bar, which will help to get feedbacks about missing or extra space bar hits. I will do this in the next version.
However to progress on this subject, someone proposed to have an option to activate vibration only for the space bar, which will help to get feedbacks about missing or extra space bar hits. I will do this in the next version.
cool.thanks Cyril
cheers
dan
cheers
dan
This new option "space alert" is now available in the latest beta. Hope it helps.
Ive been running the space alert this afternoon and really like it.
I have gone back and forth with having haptic or not. I had it on a very short amount until trying this. this is a nice mix because I miss the space a lot. I do wonder what it would be like to have the other keys at say 10% and the space at 50-100% but I'm good for now. Oh and I did try the space preview but I just don't like any of the keys popping up like that so this is much better. thanks for adding a great feature.
I have gone back and forth with having haptic or not. I had it on a very short amount until trying this. this is a nice mix because I miss the space a lot. I do wonder what it would be like to have the other keys at say 10% and the space at 50-100% but I'm good for now. Oh and I did try the space preview but I just don't like any of the keys popping up like that so this is much better. thanks for adding a great feature.
nice one Cyril. thanks 
hi Cyril,
sorry only just got around to trying this out
been using swype for a bit - oops!
i like the new space key vibrate - thanks v much for adding that
still think that a similar alert would be cool for a failed word match etc
cheers
dan
sorry only just got around to trying this out
i like the new space key vibrate - thanks v much for adding that
still think that a similar alert would be cool for a failed word match etc
cheers
dan
hi Cyril.
just back on to SKP after a swype break
I'm using the t9 mode. and I really think it would be
good to have vibrate alert for when the word prediction
fails to guess a word
cheers
Dan
just back on to SKP after a swype break
I'm using the t9 mode. and I really think it would be
good to have vibrate alert for when the word prediction
fails to guess a word
cheers
Dan
Maybe make autocorrected words blue or underlined blue in the text field, similar to how words that aren't in the dictionary are underlined red now (love that feature, BTW)? And allow the feature to be toggled off for those who don't like it of course.
I like this idea, Dan-autocorrect is super handy but carries the potential to introduce as many errors as it fixes, and in such a way that you are potentially unaware of the correction. I do agree with Cyril that the idea as originally stated would be hard to implement (due to the problem of how to consistently detect only "failed" autocorrections-if the program had a way of knowing that wasn't the correction you wanted, it already wouldn't be correcting in that way!).
What happened to the haptic feedback on a spacebar-triggered autocorrection, Cyril? I like that idea a lot. Did this feature never make it out of beta, or did I just miss its release? That would definitely be useful! Or, did I misunderstand the thread and was the feature actually implemented as just haptic feedback on every space bar press (less useful, IMO)?
I like this idea, Dan-autocorrect is super handy but carries the potential to introduce as many errors as it fixes, and in such a way that you are potentially unaware of the correction. I do agree with Cyril that the idea as originally stated would be hard to implement (due to the problem of how to consistently detect only "failed" autocorrections-if the program had a way of knowing that wasn't the correction you wanted, it already wouldn't be correcting in that way!).
What happened to the haptic feedback on a spacebar-triggered autocorrection, Cyril? I like that idea a lot. Did this feature never make it out of beta, or did I just miss its release? That would definitely be useful! Or, did I misunderstand the thread and was the feature actually implemented as just haptic feedback on every space bar press (less useful, IMO)?
The standard keyboard on SGS2 on Android ICS works very well - while you are typing it shows the proposed _corrected_ text in the input box, so you can see what you will get after you press space. If you don't want that correction then you click on the first suggestion which is always exactly what you typed.
So there is no need for an audible alert because you already have the visual alert of seeing the "wrong" word forming in the text box.
I would love to see this added to smart keyboard.
So there is no need for an audible alert because you already have the visual alert of seeing the "wrong" word forming in the text box.
I would love to see this added to smart keyboard.
hi,
i dont follow - isnt that similar to what skp does now - but sort of in reverse ? :/
i often type quickly without paying too much attention to what it is selecting - so i still think some more alerting would be good imo
cheers
dan
i dont follow - isnt that similar to what skp does now - but sort of in reverse ? :/
i often type quickly without paying too much attention to what it is selecting - so i still think some more alerting would be good imo
cheers
dan