Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Compact Auto Correct and Adding new words

Esteban
I love the keyboard but I have two question related to the compact keyboard my favorite based on the screen size limitation and my fingers.
  • 1) Auto-correct, using compact XT9 enabled. When typing "teh" why "the" is not suggested?
    I noticed that on full it is.

    2) Adding new words to dictionary, using compact, XT9 enabled.
    I want to type "loathful". Typing "f" after "loath" shows "loatgd" so now I delete the last character and disable XT9 and try to continue the word but it doesn't pick the previously typed character and when y type the remaining "ful" the suggestion are based only on "ful". In this scenario how can I add the word to the dictionary without having to retype everything?
    I checked this thread Add word to dictionary request? but in my case it only brings the default android user dictionary and the Gingerbread keyboard (Steve Lynn's) dictionary, smart keyboard dictionary is not an option.
cyril Developer
Hello

1) because "teh" -> "the" is a builtin autotext, and when you are in compact mode autotext only works with the typed word (ie "tge" in this example)

2) indeed that's a common request, I will try to implement it some day