Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Emoji and

pavel
HI!
Love your keyboard! Can you add emoji symbols and more unicode symbols to the keyboard.

Best regards Pavel
cyril Developer
Emojis are not a simple story. As they are not supported by Android, it would only work with a few apps, I'm a bit reluctant to implement this.
pavel
HI!
TNX for your answer!
I know that Android don't support emoji but I know that many users including me play games where emoji are used
or use programs which support emoji like Handcent sms. I would like to write emoji even if i can't see them.
If you add emoji and more Symbols, more people will use Smart keyboard instead of Symbolskeyboard and Emoji keyboard and so on
SatoriNihon
I would second this request!

Althoug emoji aren't that important worldwide, they are a must have for users in japan. Could be a hassle to implement, as the different providers (Docomo, Softbank, AU) are using different codes.
Pino
Some ☞ⓢⓟⓔⓒⓘⓐⓛ☜ symbols would be a nice addition to the Smart keybord. ツ
These are done with the SymbolsKeyboard ♤♠♧♣
cyril Developer
See this new feature, which is virtually more powerful than any emoji / symbols keyboard ;)
ijanzen
i would also like to have this feature. i just really like the smileys that emoji has :)
Pino
cyril wrote:See this new feature, which is virtually more powerful than any emoji / symbols keyboard ;)
With all due respect Cyril... ツ It doesn't seem to be really usable. Not in this form.
pavel
Hi!
It looks like in your beta that one must write codes of the symbols, it can be hard to remember different codes
Best regards Pavel

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
cyril Developer
Yes, but as I said, it's not supposed to be used alone, but to create symbols in the smiley key or custom autotexts!
Pino
cyril wrote:Can you elaborate?
Pavel's comment above is exactly what I meant to say. Perhaps a table with symbols would do it..?