Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Hardware Keyboard problem with SE X10 Mini Pro

hackleonheart
Hi,I'm using X10 mini pro (the one with hardware keyboard)
I use Smart Keyboard only for its autotext,i usually use my hardware kboard to type. I am hiding the smart keyboard when typing with hardware keyboard.

My question is, The 'sym' button doesn't work if i pressed it when i'm on the Smart Keyboard input method..is it a bug?
I know the temporary solution is keep changing from default input method and smart keyboard input method, but that is tiring and not efficient for me..
can anyone give solution? thanks! ;)
cyril Developer
Can you try the beta version (here). I fixed the symbol key on Desire Z but I don't know if this will work on the X10.
winger
I have Desire Z and SYM key doesn't work for me either.
All I get when I press SYM is "". I am using 4.5.
Anyone with the same issue?
cyril Developer
I guess it depends on the type of keyboard (I have a French one). I will develop a small app to get keycodes easily and fix such problems
winger
Great! Let me know once ready - I will test.
winger
Hi Cyril, I've checked the key code of SYM key through Log Collector - it is 97.
cyril Developer
Thanks, so it should be fixed in this beta, can you try?