Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Looking for beta-testers

boowalley
This update took away my ability to use the HTC styled pops up in compact mode. :o How can I get them back ?
(This is what greets me when I go to the .apk link to try to re download also)The requested URL /smartkeyboard/beta/SmartKeyboardPro_4.1.0-beta.apk was not found on this server.
cyril Developer
I removed this feature as most people (except you ;) ) complained about it...
But it's back with the new option "extended compact/T9" in the language settings (download the beta again)!
boowalley
Will do. What's wrong with these people :lol:
boowalley
Done. Thanks, I'll have to buy you a cold one, one day.
fvs114
Everything works like charm - black predicting bar is great...

Thanks Cyril !!!

Sent from SGS ...
cyril Developer
Actually I just discovered the smart dictionary was completely broken... I fixed it and at the same time made it faster again to load. Can you download and try again?
boowalley
After the first two installs the Gingerbread Skin seems to be struggling with a noticeable lag. But with the third download whatever fix that was provided to the Smart Dictionary also fixed the problem with the Gingerbread skin. (At least on my device).
cyril Developer
Test phase is (already ;) ) over, 4.2.0 is now live on the market! Thank you
fvs114
Thank you Ciryl....

..but... I have found one thing.....(Changed ROM Yesterday ) restore is not working from backup neither integrated neither MyBackup Pro....
It restored userdic and autotext, but no settings....

Have looked into backup, and settings are there...

I didn't manage to import it in 4.2.0 nor 4.1.1 nor 4.1.2

:?

Attachments

backup.zip 20.8 KB · downloaded 505 times

cyril Developer
Can you look at your phone logs at the time you do the restore?
cyril Developer
I don't see any problem in the logs...
boowalley
Luv the Windows 7 sound. Kinda sounds like a dull thud.
fvs114
cyril wrote:I don't see any problem in the logs...
I have no idea. Probably there is kinda problem with rom. I'll change it today and test again.

Sent using Tapatalk
Rebel
I would like to apply for the beta-test job if you still need some testers! ;)
cyril Developer
Hello all,

A new version 4.3.1-beta is available for testing.
It contains a fix for fullscreen implementation in landscape:
- Fullscreen now works as expected in HTC Mail client
- The "no landscape fullscreen" option has a modified behavior, which will solve some bugs especially on tablets.

Let me know if you see problems!
schrochem
Nice. You made the HTC client work in landscape without those annoying tabs in the way. I had purchased enhanced mail app just because of this issue. Now I may go back to the HTC client.
Samanthalynn
Would be willing to be a tester. Samsung Galaxy Prevail with android 2.2.2
vladeoff
any new updates to try? so excited to see the new beta.. ^_^
Gnaver
Looking forward for new version...Im in love with your keyboard...keep it up ;-)
cyril Developer
It's holidays, please be patient ;)
vladeoff
yeah! you deserve some rests! :) patiently waiting then.. :)
fekish
would love if the iPhone preview would be implemented someday! :P
cyril Developer
Version 4.5.0 is on tracks, you can find a beta version here

Features:

* Support of accents with hard keyboard, using long press then multitap to select the alternative characters. Implemented for Albanian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
* Option to hide language key (gestures can be used instead)
* Fixed display of suggestions in landscape mode in browser
* Fixed suggestions of capitalized words with hard keyboard
* Fixed symbol key on HTC Desire Z keyboard
* Fixed Romanian compact and T9

As usual waiting for your feedbacks
c00ller
cyril wrote: * Fixed symbol key on HTC Desire Z keyboard
I have a Desire-Z running CM7. I'm using the latest stable atm, and I tested my symbol key and it seems OK so I'm not really sure what the issue with the symbol key was?
johncesta
If you need a tablet tester let me know. Samsung galaxy 10.1