Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Dark Galaxy with Android Green/ICS Blue/Purple/Gold/Red.

Golyadkin
Now with HDPI AND MDPI support! :D

I didn't realise I could only attach 3 files per post so all future skins can be found on the second page of the thread.

These are my first successful attempts at making any sort of skin, based on the Galaxy Bold skin by zen (http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... f=13&t=615).
zen, message me if I'm wrong to use your skin and I'll delete this post immediately.

galaxygreen.zip 27.7 KB · downloaded 13,149 times

The first skin is a darkened Galaxy Bold skin with Android Green colouring and a similar suggestions bar, button presses are the same green too.
The candidates colour hex code needs to be changed in advanced settings to #ffa4c639 for this skin to appear as below.

External image (i.imgur.com)
External image (i.imgur.com)

galaxyics.zip 27.6 KB · downloaded 22,562 times

The second skin is very similar to the first except with ICS blue stylings instead of Android Green, I think it's quite nice.
The candidates colour hex code needs to be changed in advanced settings to #ff07ceff for this skin to appear as below.

External image (i.imgur.com)
External image (i.imgur.com)

galaxypurple.zip 24.8 KB · downloaded 12,092 times

I've had a few colour requests lately and this is my first attempt, a purple skin. Hopefully I can add a few more colours over time too.
The candidates colour hex code needs to be changed in advanced settings to #ff8000dd for this skin to appear as below.

External image (i.imgur.com)
External image (i.imgur.com)

I'd appreciate it if people would let me know what they think, and I'm always happy to receive feedback and ideas for improvements.
Thanks.
bigmike09890
Haven't tried on my phone yet but screens look really good.
schrochem
Nice work. I'm rooted and was able to get a the ICS font Roboto on my phone.
On this and other skins it looks so clean.
I'd be interested in seeing this skin with white keys and white background like the droid x skins.
Golyadkin
I've had a go at a MDPI version of the ICS Blue skin, but I'm not sure how to test whether it's worked or not as I've got a HDPI device. Care to be my guinea pig and give me feedback on whether it shows as it should? A screenshot would be really helpful.

File taken down, my bad.
Gnaver
ok my phone just pwn me...as i looked at screen resolutions my phone claims to be MDPI but the skin is only black so it must be LDPI...f*** it
Golyadkin
No, sounds like I've not quite got it right.

edit: I've figured out what I've done wrong, thought I could just scale the images but that wasn't quite right. Leave it with me and I'll get it done eventually.
nklenchik
The blue looks so good! Any way I'd be able to get the keys in a richer black? :)
Golyadkin
How do you mean by richer? An example would be helpful.

Glad you like the skin though. :D
newdeepdan
I'm loving this skin, any possibility for this gold color? Hex #FFD700 :D Thank you so much in advance.
cosmicryu
Can u also make a red themed one? Color code ffb50000. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Golyadkin
Yeah, I can give that a go. Mind linking to a shade of purple that you have in mind? Maybe a purple on this page: http://www.december.com/html/spec/color4.html
Woah, didn't notice all the other colour requests, strange how they all came at the same time after 3 weeks of nothing! I can't promise anything and I'm gonna have a go at the purple theme first since that was the first request, see how I do.
dan55
hi.
looks very cool. any chance of a red effect one? ;-)
thanks
dan
Golyadkin
dan55 wrote:hi.
looks very cool. any chance of a red effect one? ;-)
thanks
dan
Yeah, eventually!

As I said earlier I'll have a go at whatever people request if it takes my fancy. Hopefully I'll be able to find time to make a gold/yellow one tomorrow and then maybe a red one sometime soon after that.
Somebody has already requested a darkish red but I've a feeling that the shade may be a little too dark for the alternate characters to show up clearly enough on the dark keys, we shall see!
dan55
cool thanks.
sorry if I added to the already long request list :-)
cheers
dan
Golyadkin

galaxygold.zip 24.8 KB · downloaded 3,096 times

As requested!
The candidates colour hex code needs to be changed in advanced settings to #ffffd700 for this skin to appear as below.

External image (i.imgur.com)
External image (i.imgur.com)

galaxyred.zip 24.7 KB · downloaded 3,124 times

The red requested was #ffb50000 but when I tried that I felt the red was slightly too dark to be visible for the alternate characters, so I've used a more vivid shade of red.
The candidates colour hex code needs to be changed in advanced settings to #ffc80000 for this skin to appear as below.

External image (i.imgur.com)
External image (i.imgur.com)

Phew! Time for a rest I feel!
dan55
awesome - many thanks - will get that dloaded asap :)

cheers
dan

....look very cool - thanks :)
cosmicryu
Thanks! looks great. i actually decided to learn to modify them because i wanted the mod buttons red as well. i also unbolded the letters, changed the spacebar color and changed the enter button to a different image. here is a screenshot of the results.
External image (dl-web.dropbox.com)
nklenchik
Like instead of the gray in the icons maybe a "darker" black?
kittykatbaby16
Love your purple skin! Great work.

Was wondering if you can please make a pink version? Thanks :)
dan55
hi.
sent from galaxy ics skin...stunning. thanks :-)

cheers
dan
drakenabarion
Hi,
Thanks for the themes. They look great.

Personally I am trying to make a set of coloured ICS keyboard skins, as I refer the lighter colours than the ones in the Galaxy theme. However, I am travelling for a few months so I dont have much access to a pc for the required image editing (mostly I use my phone).

So far, I made a skin using images from a CM9 holo theme engine apk (currently awaiting permissions from the maker before I share anything other than screenshots). However, I had issues with the pressed.9.png image from that apk so I tried using the one from your red keyboard skin, as I wanted to see if it would work. And it worked nicely, which is great. I have some screenshots here.

Would you mind if I used this image for my skin until I am home and able to make my own image?

If you prefer me not to, I wont use the image any longer.

Many thanks.

External image (dl.dropbox.com)
External image (dl.dropbox.com)
External image (dl.dropbox.com)
Jiia
I just had to come here to say thanks! The blue theme looks brilliant on my amoled screen. (Nerdgasm).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2