Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Localization for all languages

cyril Developer
Hello
I just created a Crowdin project for Smart Keyboard (here: http://crowdin.net/project/smart-keyboard), which is a very convenient way of maintaining translation of Smart Keyboard settings for every language.

This projet is open so everyone can join and update the translations, however please post in this topic if you are interested in translating a given language, to avoid translation conflicts. At the moment the available localizations are french, italian and korean. I hope to have a translation for every language supported in Smart Keyboard!

Thanks for your contributions
gado
Great, i translate the german language. :)
Lars_G
I'll take care of the Spanish version (nickname Blissfull on crowdin)
Lars_G
I've advanced with the spanish translation, only have a few left to do, some specially I'm choosing just the right word (toggle), anyhow, I also had context questions for a few words so please when you can, check the site and answer any pending questions.

Thanks a lot.
Lars.
cyril Developer
Well I received some days ago context questions which I answered at that time. Do you have other questions? I didn't receive any notification for new questions, or at least I don't know how to see them if there are some ;)
limping
I can do Polish. My login on crowdin: limping

@Lars_G: In PL translation I'm using polish replecement for "mode" because imho when You say e.g. "Toggle T9" You are thinking "Toggle T9 mode" in Polish it fits perfectly but I don't speak Spanish so i don't know will it fit in Your language.

limp ;]
cenzi
I can do the Hungarian translation. My username at Crowdin is cenzi.
cherkasoff
I've just translated almost everything to Russian language (except Slide Popup accents phrases, because I have no idea what does it mean) :D
Hope I helped to improve the best keyboard ever :)
cyril Developer
cherkasoff wrote:I've just translated almost everything to Russian language (except Slide Popup accents phrases, because I have no idea what does it mean) :D
Hope I helped to improve the best keyboard ever :)
Great, I will include this in the next version. Well, "slide popup" is a bit technical, it's a setting to avoid raising your finger when you display the popup keyboard (with accents) after a long press on the key. If you disable this option, you need to raise your finger and then click on the right letter (instead of just sliding the finger).
cherkasoff
cyril wrote: Well, "slide popup" is a bit technical, it's a setting to avoid raising your finger when you display the popup keyboard (with accents) after a long press on the key. If you disable this option, you need to raise your finger and then click on the right letter (instead of just sliding the finger).
Got it, translated. After I see translated release will it be possible to correct something?
cyril Developer
Yes you can correct anytime, there will just be a 24 hour delay before I can download the new version
cherkasoff
Ok, I'm waiting for a release with my translation :)
cherkasoff
In General settings there is "Domain editor" and "Persistent domain key" settings, which were not in those translate files. Were will there be available there?
cyril Developer
These are new strings, I updated the file on crowdin
Clegs
I'm away from my computer but if I find time I can do an Esperanto version and I'll read over the Spanish version to make sure there are no mistakes.
thecorsoguy
I´ve just complete the string for the italian translation.

Bye

Luca
goodie
Just finished Korean translation...
cenzi
Can you make a beta for the Hungarian language too? I'm ready with the translation, but I would like to be sure everything is fine.
jcassee
I will look at the Dutch translation.
goodie
Is it possible to notify me on updating the text data, maybe by e-mail?
cyril Developer
Wish Crowdin does this automatically... Anyway I just updated the reference strings, so you can have a look now ;)
lxmaster
I'll start portuguese (PT-PT) translation in a moment :)
korenisko
I doing Slovak translation. Its 60% done.

EDIT:
Translation si done. Looking forward for it on my phone.
cenzi
It seems the new language strings are not appearing in the Crowdin. E.g.: "Apostrophe separator", "Restore from Trial" etc. The language (Hungarian) is 100%, but some strings still English
cyril Developer
Yes sorry I didn't update crowdin (I had annoying issues last time I did it), I will do it. By the way good job keeping translations to 100% ;)
cyril Developer
I just updated the strings on Crowdin, but it seems some translations have been lost :( (at least this happened for French translations). I hope everyone will be able to restore the missing translations, otherwise I will need to find a way to do it manually, which will be painful.
By the way I will integrate Romanian, Slovak and Ukrainian translations
korenisko
Updated Slovak translation. Now is at 100% :) Nice have Smart keyboard on phone in national language...