Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Make our own skins!

inate71
:(

I saw that you had to stop supporting Better Keyboard skins today. Sorta made me upset. However, I was thinking... Since you don't seem to work on new skins, why don't you allow others to make skins? Sorta like what Better Keyboard has done? It would be awesome, mainly because I enjoy skins--as do others I'm sure. :P

Would this be possible? And if so, could we make it a priority? :O

Thanks Cyril, I appreciate it. :D
cyril Developer
Hello
you don't know how many things are a priority ;)
But yes I will do it in a future version, for sure (by the way old BK skins are still supported, only the new protected ones will not work)
inate71
cyril wrote:Hello
you don't know how many things are a priority ;)
But yes I will do it in a future version, for sure (by the way old BK skins are still supported, only the new protected ones will not work)

I guess I don't. Hahaha. Either way, you're doing a fantastic job.

And I noticed, but those ones look lame. :O
onthecouch
I noticed the latest update took away Better Keyboard skin support, and I was wondering why. Is it a legal issue? I was really enjoying the ADWone skin. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version of SKP? Or any hope of reinstating BK skins?
inate71
onthecouch wrote:I noticed the latest update took away Better Keyboard skin support, and I was wondering why. Is it a legal issue? I was really enjoying the ADWone skin. Is there a way to revert back to the previous version of SKP? Or any hope of reinstating BK skins?
I loved that skin. And it's because Better Keyboard complained about it. :O
cyril Developer
The problem is not really to support skins done for Better Keyboard, but to support skins done by Better Android (they have some copy protection)
Due to complaints I will remove again support of their skins, and will work on an open skin format with the other competitors
cyril Developer
Here it is! The new skin engine is in beta phase, you can read all the needed information in the skin user guide

Feel free to make your own skins and share them!
inate71
You are amazing Cyril. Seriously. :D
chiilih
Great work, I'm working on some skins now.
Would like to see the ability to use custom typefaces, adjust the positioning of the text within the buttons, and text effects such as drop shadow.
cyril Developer
Great work, I'm working on some skins now.
Great!
Would like to see the ability to use custom typefaces, adjust the positioning of the text within the buttons, and text effects such as drop shadow.
OK, I will work on this
cyril Developer
Drop shadows have been added in the latest beta