Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Request: Gingerbread skin

olta777
If someone would create, that would be fantastic!!!! ;)
chris6278
I would love to see this as well. I love the look of the gingerbread keyboard but it sux that theres no multitouch
olta777
With smart keyboard pro, there is multi touch... ;)
babandas
Hi .. nice work on the skin but can u make one with bold letters and numbers
hotaru
babandas wrote:Hi .. nice work on the skin but can u make one with bold letters and numbers
yes, i can.

Attachments

GingerbreadBold.zip 28.6 KB · downloaded 5,320 times

dsf
Hi, the real gingerbread keyboard has low case bold letters, I know its a lot to ask, but could some one make this, so it looks really realistic. Thanks very much :)
hotaru
dsf wrote:Hi, the real gingerbread keyboard has low case bold letters, I know its a lot to ask, but could some one make this, so it looks really realistic. Thanks very much :)
the bold version i posted has all the letters bold, including lowercase... not sure what you're asking for.
chris6278
the bold version looks almost identical to it. The gingerbread keyboard with multitouch equals badass!
7Stringer
Honestly, this is brilliant. I'm happy it is a future stock google keyboard, but happier you developed it pre-release, and with such a clean interface. This and the Cupertino will be my go-to's for quite a while. Kudos.
chris6278
Ive got one request for the bold version can u please make the entire bottom row of keys the darker color just like the offical gingerbread one is and add the orange line at the bottom of the space bar? Then it would be almost identical
JFDroid
chris6278 wrote:Ive got one request for the bold version can u please make the entire bottom row of keys the darker color just like the offical gingerbread one is and add the orange line at the bottom of the space bar? Then it would be almost identical
Agreed. If the bottom row color could be fixed and an orange line added, it would be perfect!
hotaru
chris6278 wrote:Ive got one request for the bold version can u please make the entire bottom row of keys the darker color just like the offical gingerbread one is and add the orange line at the bottom of the space bar? Then it would be almost identical
i don't think it's possible for a skin to make the bottom row all the darker color (except by making all the keys on the keyboard that darker color)... that may be a feature to request in a future version of SKP...

as for the orange bar... i tried it and that orange just looks bad without the spacebar being dark.

edit:
i got a crazy idea... this is a very ugly hack, and it doesn't really work very well, but i did get the whole bottom row the darker color!
this neat little trick becomes not so neat if you hit the symbol key.

Attachments

GingerbreadHax.zip 22.0 KB · downloaded 1,334 times

duckdany
Hello!

Could you optimize this for Samsung Galaxy 3 phone? (240x400 px)

Thanks!
ransagy
Is it possible to have the dictionary row in dark orange as well, like GB?
skateco
Easily my favorite skin posted on here (non-bold version) except that the alternative text on each key is so dark its virtually impossible to read - Droid 1 - for that reason, I can't use it :/
subvecto
skateco wrote:Easily my favorite skin posted on here (non-bold version) except that the alternative text on each key is so dark its virtually impossible to read - Droid 1 - for that reason, I can't use it :/
+1 another contrast color to button color would make them much more visible. Green gingerbread skin so far is the best

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
c00ller
I really like hotaru's GingerbreadBold skin. I just have one request for anyone who is proficient in image editing.

I know this is a REALLY niche request, but I only request one edit to a few files, namely normal_on.9.png and pressed_on.9.png. They both have a "light" that is greenish-yellow. If anyone could edit them so it is cyan, it would be GREATLY appreciated :)
c00ller
c00ller wrote:I really like hotaru's GingerbreadBold skin. I just have one request for anyone who is proficient in image editing.

I know this is a REALLY niche request, but I only request one edit to a few files, namely normal_on.9.png and pressed_on.9.png. They both have a "light" that is greenish-yellow. If anyone could edit them so it is cyan, it would be GREATLY appreciated :)
I actually opened up paint.NET and learned about the Recolor tool ;) I'm an image editing novice so it's not perfect but it does the job, at least on mdpi. I don't have an hdpi device to test but I imagine it would look fine. The only thing I changed was the color of the caps lock indicator on the shift buttons, normal_on.9.png and pressed_on.9.png

Before:
External image (dl.dropbox.com)

After:
External image (dl.dropbox.com)

For those interested, it's attached below. Thanks to hotaru for the original Gingerbread keyboard theme :D

Attachments

GingerbreadBoldCyan.zip 29.7 KB · downloaded 1,048 times

churro
How about one with the keys black and one with the background white?
jeckert21
Something seems to be wrong. The colors that should be cyan are white, any ideas?
c00ller
jeckert21 wrote:Something seems to be wrong. The colors that should be cyan are white, any ideas?
Look at my screenshots and read my post again, the only thing that I made cyan was the caps lock light. Other than that it is normal Gingerbread. If you want every key to be cyan colored, just open the skin.xml to change the values under <color> to the ones you want.
pouetpou
c00ller wrote:
c00ller wrote:I really like hotaru's GingerbreadBold skin. I just have one request for anyone who is proficient in image editing.

I know this is a REALLY niche request, but I only request one edit to a few files, namely normal_on.9.png and pressed_on.9.png. They both have a "light" that is greenish-yellow. If anyone could edit them so it is cyan, it would be GREATLY appreciated :)
I actually opened up paint.NET and learned about the Recolor tool ;) I'm an image editing novice so it's not perfect but it does the job, at least on mdpi. I don't have an hdpi device to test but I imagine it would look fine. The only thing I changed was the color of the caps lock indicator on the shift buttons, normal_on.9.png and pressed_on.9.png

Before:
External image (dl.dropbox.com)

After:
External image (dl.dropbox.com)

For those interested, it's attached below. Thanks to hotaru for the original Gingerbread keyboard theme :D
Hi many thanks to the autor of this skin and to you,

Looks very nice on my HTC Desire CM7 theme cyanbread
PrettyGrlSwag26
I was wonderin' can u make a light pink and a margenta keyboard?
togman
Can you outline the keys on the bold one in white?
Attached is what I am looking for/--Thanks!

Attachments

droid-razr-review-30.jpg
droid-razr-review-30.jpg