Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Lag!!! And a lot on my Dell steak.

Zkyevolved
Hello. I'd like to report an issue that I have with my Dell streak. It's new (3 days old) and works well but the default android keyboard on android 2.2 is really small so I got your app.

Your app normally works well but when I get some momentum typing it often skips letters. It doesn't read them. This isn't an issue with my other keyboards. What do you think it could be? I hear the audible noise , knowing it clicked but it completely skips the letters. :(. I even reset the device.

Well, I'm here :) let me know. :)

Kent.



-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cyril Developer
Strange, this is supposed to be a powerful device... Can you try the new beta version and tell me if it's better? (And do you use the "smart dictionary" option?)
Zkyevolved
I'll give it a try today and report back. :)



-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved
Well I did the beta and it seems to have fixed it for the time being. But to be honest I did a complete reinstall of the keyboard. And I didn't restore from my backup. So I'm starting anew. Ill keep you posted if it happens again. Thank for the support :-)

Kent.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved
I'd like to confirm that I'm still having good luck. But ill let you know. Its only been 24 hours. Hehe

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved
I spoke too soon. It still happens. Any ideas? It happens less frequently that's for sure but while typing quickly I can see thar it happens more. But its for sure a lot better than before.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved
Still having the issue. I tried it more and paid attention to it and I can see for example the "a" show up (as in pop up) and then it just doesn't write it on the screen. Any ideas??? Because it sees that I'm writing it but it doesn't register sometimes. While doing this I wrote "sometimes" and it wrote "mtimes" while I know I hit the other letters.

Thanks. (Just happened again 2 times writing thanks and again)

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
cyril Developer
So it may not be a lag but an issue with detection of touch events. But what is strange is that according to you, the situation improved when you reinstalled the app... can you tell me if you use the smart dictionary option? (and try to disable it if it's the case)
Zkyevolved
It's not on. it did help for the first day and then after it kind of got worse. Any ideas on what it could be??? The only thing I do is add custom words.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
cyril Developer
And do you add a lot of words? What happens if you clean your user dictionary? (there is a quick option in the advanced settings to do that)
Zkyevolved
There are only 16 words between all the languages I use. I only use English and Spanish. Ill try to cleaning the custom words and see if that fixes it.

Ill report back.

Kent.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
Zkyevolved
Right off the bat it didn't help.

I tried it and it just keeps happening. I have no idea why. Its very strange to be honest. But what else can I do because its becoming very annoying. LOL.

Is there anything I can do??? While typing this it happens a lot. And I know that the streak is up to the task with a 1 ghz processor and 512 ram.

Thanks.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
korenisko
On my Xperia mini have lag too. But, only with first keypress. Then no lag.
subvecto
Zkyevolved wrote:Hello. I'd like to report an issue that I have with my Dell streak. It's new (3 days old) and works well but the default android keyboard on android 2.2 is really small so I got your app.

Your app normally works well but when I get some momentum typing it often skips letters. It doesn't read them. This isn't an issue with my other keyboards. What do you think it could be? I hear the audible noise , knowing it clicked but it completely skips the letters. :(. I even reset the device.

Well, I'm here :) let me know. :)

Kent.



-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting I also use streak with plain froyo with 3.11 (I guess) smart keyboard pro with no lag issues... there are common lag issues with streak due to backend/system processes but afaik non related to skp... would like to hear more on this..

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
onthecouch
I'm experiencing lag with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I did not have lag with SKP using it on my Samsung Vibrant 2.1. I'm wondering if SKP is optimized for Gingerbread yet? The space bar in particular seems to be unresponsive often, resulting in words likethis.