Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Looking for beta-testers

cyril Developer
Hello
to avoid regressions in future releases, I would like a couple of beta-testers who would get the new features before everyone ;)
For instance I'm working on an important bug fix for predictions, but I fear it could break something else (especially regarding multi-touch). Just leave a comment here if you are interested, I'll send you the apk by mail when it's ready
Thanks !
SMILYS
I would love to help testing :D
Have a HTC Legend.
imekul
I'd volunteer! Have an HTC Hero. My brother who has a Hero would also be willing to help, I'd imagine. :)
adrenalinerush12
I would love to help out testing. I have a HTC Droid Eris. Been using Smart Keyboard for a while now and love it.
KnightmareJP
I will happily help out. I have a Motor Droid and my email address is secreidentityjp@Gmail.com. I send about a hundred texts a day and am on the internet on my phone at least two hours a day.
Obihoernchen
I would really like to help testing! I am a German user and I like your Keyboard a lot! I own a Samsung Galaxy with a custom Android 1.6 ROM. Looking forward to test the Beta :)
N1029676
Im up for beta testing!
HTC Hero on the Sprint network.
GRRemlin
I'd like to help

Rooted G1 w/ latest Cyanogen ROM
ricochet
I am willing with my Motorola Droid. Not rooted.
xxwckdxx
I'd be happy to beta test I have a cdma hero myself.
gioli
I'd love to help too.
Have a Nexus one.
faquin
I'll be glad to help too.
I'm using HTC Tattoo.
cyril Developer
Hi, where are the beta-testers ?? I need your help ;)

People reported crashes with the version 2.2.0, but I cannot reproduce...
Is someone able to reproduce the crash? Then please send me a mail with your phone logs (with "Log Collector") just after the crash

Thanks

Here is the apk if you didn't install this version (it is no more available on the market): http://smartkeyboardpro.com/beta/SmartK ... _2.2.0.apk
johnirwin
I would love to help out on betas

John J Irwin
johnirwin@IrwinMarine.com

Moto DroidX - 2.1 update 1 - can be rooted or UNrooted! ...whichever helps out the most!
:D
Oveja
I'd gladly be a beta-tester :)
Rockin' the Nexus One, unrooted.
johnirwin
cyril wrote:New version to test!
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... 0-beta.apk

Main features:
* Skin engine (loads "Better Keyboard" skins)
* Multiline SMS
* Fix for fast typing issues
* Fixed default character in popup keyboard
Is there a better link. As of yesterday, this link goes nowhere.

John :o
cyril Developer
In fact it's too late, the version I wanted to test is already on the market ;)
conspirisize
I will gladly help out! I have a rooted HTC magic running cyanogenmod 5.0.8 for the time being
Golfnlegend2b@gmail.com no caps
cyril Developer
So here is the preview of the 3.1.0 ! http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... beta-2.apk

Featuring:

* fixed HTC and iPhone skin in landscape mode
* readded BK skin support
* added slovak and esperanto
* polish and russian localization
* added numbers and esc key to the arrow keypad
* .com key editor
* option to always display .com key

Let me know if you see problems, otherwise I will release it next week
conspirisize
Looks good :) I haven't seen a difference with the keyboard keys getting bigger with predictions options tho
rikky1966
I just got your smart keyboard from Android market and I found it very usefull and necessary for my Sony Ericsson X8 (android 1.6 donut) that doesn't come with a T9 numbers keyboard, so my money were well worth for this application!!! I love it...
If you need a beta tester I'm in
Thanks
Riccardo
cyril Developer
So, the next version 3.7.0 is ready to test here

New features:
- Galaxy skin, improved HTC skin
- New voice input on Froyo
- Option to pick the best word in voice input
- Smart dictionary fixes
- English UK layout
- Give priority to custom autotext
- Korean short vowel layout and T9
- Japanese T9
- T9/XT9 state saved
Mandark
On an HTC Legend, and can't seem to see the Galaxy skin. Is it available to MDPI devices?
Mandark
zen wrote:
Mandark wrote:On an HTC Legend, and can't seem to see the Galaxy skin. Is it available to MDPI devices?
Yes, it should be. Second entry, after Android. Perhaps check if you've got the right beta? Just to be safe. http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... 0-beta.apk
indeed, it was the wrong beta, this one works :)
cyril Developer
FYI the beta has just been removed as 3.7.0 is now official; don't look for it ;)