Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Windows phone 7 skin

newklearx3
This is what I spent a little time on making.
Here's a screenie, leave comments and suggestions.
External image (i54.tinypic.com)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Will be posting the ZIP soon once I get it perfect! but if you can't wait you can support me by downloading it from the market.
JFDroid
Looks really good! What color are the keys when pressed? Can you send me the skin if it's done? I'd love to use it/test it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
7Stringer
Yeah, post the zip file so we can try it out :-)
JFDroid
It's on the market for .99... eww. I'll wait until it's free. If not, I'll wait for a friend to buy it and give me a copy. Keyboard skins should not be paid apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
newklearx3
JFDroid wrote:It's on the market for .99... eww. I'll wait until it's free. If not, I'll wait for a friend to buy it and give me a copy. Keyboard skins should not be paid apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
So you wanna purposely rip my skin? I was going to post it here free for users and then leave it in the market. Buttttttt, you want to go blabbing your mouth.
elementalj
Please give the community the file :( its not our fault some people can be a lil rude. It'd be nice to have that skin. It looks clean and well done
7Stringer
Purchased it on the market and I love it. It's a buck, folks. Hopefully it leads to more builds from the developer. Cheers.
N1des
newklearx3 wrote:
JFDroid wrote:It's on the market for .99... eww. I'll wait until it's free. If not, I'll wait for a friend to buy it and give me a copy. Keyboard skins should not be paid apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
So you wanna purposely rip my skin? I was going to post it here free for users and then leave it in the market. Buttttttt, you want to go blabbing your mouth.
Ignore him. He just wants to get a rise out of you, man. Unfortunately, someone like him will get what he wants free or not. It's the advantage (or disadvantage?) or having rooted phones. Titanium backup makes all sorts of evils possible with backing up apps and refunding to the market. Google's 15 minute refund policy helps, but if you're fast, you have no problem making a backup before making a refund. A little bit of crafty work and you can keep the app linked to the market and never pay for it, and still receive updates. It sucks, I know. Blame Google, it's their fault for making this possible and not stopping it. It's something I hope they work on.

However, I do think stuff like this should be free and open source for everyone to share. Isn't that the point of Android? Do whatever you want, though. I rarely buy apps that are skins/themes, since I like the way most of the stuff on my phone looks right out of the box. It's the same reason I don't use custom ROMs.

Anyway, this is a nice community, let's leave the drama out of it. We'll all enjoy it here more that way :)

Edit: this skin, by the way, looks really nice. It's one I did happen to buy... which as I said is rare for me. Glad to support you.
nicky041192
looking good. BUT it looks very similar to the android theme pre-installed.
justiin9
Also purchased! Just wondering about the all caps though; the Android shift key has the green light to indicate all caps, do you just long-hold for this until it's all caps? I can't seem to figure it out :/
nick.koutrelakos
justiin9 wrote:Also purchased! Just wondering about the all caps though; the Android shift key has the green light to indicate all caps, do you just long-hold for this until it's all caps? I can't seem to figure it out :/
You still double tap it.
nicky041192
cant find it on the market ><

any chance of a zip?

i have a suggestion. when you press the shift key, the key turns blue. the blue used for windows phone 7 will make it look good!
newklearx3
N1des wrote:
newklearx3 wrote:
JFDroid wrote:It's on the market for .99... eww. I'll wait until it's free. If not, I'll wait for a friend to buy it and give me a copy. Keyboard skins should not be paid apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
So you wanna purposely rip my skin? I was going to post it here free for users and then leave it in the market. Buttttttt, you want to go blabbing your mouth.
Ignore him. He just wants to get a rise out of you, man. Unfortunately, someone like him will get what he wants free or not. It's the advantage (or disadvantage?) or having rooted phones. Titanium backup makes all sorts of evils possible with backing up apps and refunding to the market. Google's 15 minute refund policy helps, but if you're fast, you have no problem making a backup before making a refund. A little bit of crafty work and you can keep the app linked to the market and never pay for it, and still receive updates. It sucks, I know. Blame Google, it's their fault for making this possible and not stopping it. It's something I hope they work on.

However, I do think stuff like this should be free and open source for everyone to share. Isn't that the point of Android? Do whatever you want, though. I rarely buy apps that are skins/themes, since I like the way most of the stuff on my phone looks right out of the box. It's the same reason I don't use custom ROMs.

Anyway, this is a nice community, let's leave the drama out of it. We'll all enjoy it here more that way :)

Edit: this skin, by the way, looks really nice. It's one I did happen to buy... which as I said is rare for me. Glad to support you.
Yeah, I understand, thanks for your support.


elementalj wrote:Yup I ended up buying it as well
Thanks for your support! :)





Thank you all who purchased! It means a lot to see you guys supporting my work.
I've got a few sales which is nice, but I've noticed a lot of refunds aka people stealing the skin, but hey what ever.


----


I have a new skin on the market SUPER MARIO!
eolsgaard
newklearx3 wrote: I've got a few sales which is nice, but I've noticed a lot of refunds aka people stealing the skin, but hey what ever.
Or maybe we just didn't like the skin enough to pay $1 for it, after trying it out. Not very nice to accuse people of stealing when you have no real evidence to make such a statement. I don't even know how one would "steal" skins (it no longer appears on my skin listing after the refund).
newklearx3
eolsgaard wrote:
newklearx3 wrote: I've got a few sales which is nice, but I've noticed a lot of refunds aka people stealing the skin, but hey what ever.
Or maybe we just didn't like the skin enough to pay $1 for it, after trying it out. Not very nice to accuse people of stealing when you have no real evidence to make such a statement. I don't even know how one would "steal" skins (it no longer appears on my skin listing after the refund).
Oh, please. Thats why there are screen shots. Also don't say "WE" because you're not speaking for the entire android market.

What is with everyone trying to start arguments?, shessssh.
eolsgaard
newklearx3 wrote: Oh, please. Thats why there are screen shots. Also don't say "WE" because you're not speaking for the entire android market.

What is with everyone trying to start arguments?, shessssh.
Hey, if I want to refund, I'll get my refund. Screenshots don't show how a skin happens to look with my particular theme of text messaging app, which is the only reason I refunded (the grey didn't really match). I just don't like being accused of breaking rules, hence the snarky response. And no, I don't speak for the entire android market, but you were addressing the entire android market of which I am a part. So when you refer to refunding as "aka people stealing the skin," I want to make it clear that that's not actually true.

I've downloaded and kept a bunch of your other skins, and I'll keep downloading them because you're good at what you do. I'm really not trying to start an argument, but your generalizing offended me for some reason.
newklearx3
eolsgaard wrote:
newklearx3 wrote: Oh, please. Thats why there are screen shots. Also don't say "WE" because you're not speaking for the entire android market.

What is with everyone trying to start arguments?, shessssh.
Hey, if I want to refund, I'll get my refund. Screenshots don't show how a skin happens to look with my particular theme of text messaging app, which is the only reason I refunded (the grey didn't really match). I just don't like being accused of breaking rules, hence the snarky response. And no, I don't speak for the entire android market, but you were addressing the entire android market of which I am a part. So when you refer to refunding as "aka people stealing the skin," I want to make it clear that that's not actually true.

I've downloaded and kept a bunch of your other skins, and I'll keep downloading them because you're good at what you do. I'm really not trying to start an argument, but your generalizing offended me for some reason.
I'm sorry, I wasn't in the best mood that day. But anyways thanks for your support.
fekish
And what about us from countries that we cant go on the market and buy the skin!!! :evil:

arghhhh!!

Anyway.... :)
TheTehk17
You might get more sales if you bundle skins together. Idk how that would work, but it's just an idea :)
fekish
so is there anyway to get this for em that i cant buy from market?
CaRDiaK
fekish wrote:so is there anyway to get this for em that i cant buy from market?
-removed-

Its not stealing if I find something...
TheTehk17
CaRDiaK wrote:
fekish wrote:so is there anyway to get this for em that i cant buy from market?
-removed-

Its not stealing if I find something...
It's just as bad if you post it here, in the forum where everyone'll be able to download it.

This is why I never sell my skins- eventually, they'll get stolen and sold for free :(

Why don't people just pay the $1? It's really not that much...

My sympathy for the dev. I wish stuff could be thief-proof.
newklearx3
Woah! That is not cool! Some people are just, It's what ever.
eolsgaard
newklearx3 wrote:Woah! That is not cool! Some people are just, It's what ever.
I take back what I said about generalizing about people as being thieves. You were right, man. That's some slap-you-in-the-face bullsh*t, right there.
newklearx3
eolsgaard wrote:
newklearx3 wrote:Woah! That is not cool! Some people are just, It's what ever.
I take back what I said about generalizing about people as being thieves. You were right, man. That's some slap-you-in-the-face bullsh*t, right there.

I'm glad you know how I feel dude, I knew someone was going to do it.
TheTehk17
newklearx3 wrote:
eolsgaard wrote:
newklearx3 wrote:Woah! That is not cool! Some people are just, It's what ever.
I take back what I said about generalizing about people as being thieves. You were right, man. That's some slap-you-in-the-face bullsh*t, right there.

I'm glad you know how I feel dude, I knew someone was going to do it.
Ya... why don't people just pay the $1? It's not like its some huge sum of money. I don't get why people steal stuff.
TheTehk17
fekish wrote:so is there anyway to get this for em that i cant buy from market?
Just pay the $1. It's really not that much.
newklearx3
TheTehk17 wrote:
fekish wrote:so is there anyway to get this for em that i cant buy from market?
Just pay the $1. It's really not that much.

EXACTLY! This discourages dev's like me to make more HQ skins.