Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

[REQUEST] Honeycomb Themed Skin

TheTehk17
Eh... It's possible and would be very easy, but the Honeycomb keyboard is designed for TABLETS, not smartphones. Take a look at the square keys. That would work OK in landscape mode, but not in portrait. The keys would be too small, and even more so with all that space between them in the screenshot.

Note that the background is partially transparent, too. If you want that dark blue background, we'd have to make a background in that color.

I'm finishing up with a webOS skin now, but I guess I could work on a Honeycomb skin as well.
TheTehk17
musashiken wrote:Cool thanks.

You can also see this honeycomb theme for CM7 theme chooser. The developer has already skinned his keyboard to fit his theme.

Maybe port the pngs from there?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=943423
That may be possible, but that theme is for HDPI devices only- I'm using an MDPI phone. But I'll see what I can do.

I really like Swiftkey's skin, that would be a fun one to make.
eolsgaard
I'm digging the Swiftkey keyboard for tablets. That design looks pretty doable in our format too. :D
Brooke795
+1 for the swiftkey keyboard skin...
djstr0be
+100000! ...I just got a Honeycomb theme for my epic and im using the iphone skin mainly because i like how the keys are more spaced than the others.Would it be possible to take the Iphone skin and just change the color to the honeycomb color? Ill take whatever I could get but that would be my DREAM kb! :D :D
dan55
yes that looks cool imo. a bit tron like?
TheTehk17
Whoa, everyone, calm down lol. I'm workin' on the Swiftkey-based skin.
TheTehk17
eolsgaard wrote:I'm digging the Swiftkey keyboard for tablets. That design looks pretty doable in our format too. :D
Brooke795 wrote:+1 for the swiftkey keyboard skin...
djstr0be wrote:+100000!
jay113 wrote:+1 !
musashiken wrote:Swiftkey's theme for honeycomb tablet looks cool too.
Still work in progress, but here's what I have so far:
device.png
device.png
:) it's really sick to type on :)
jeckert21
Wow! Looks great! How much more needs to be done yet. Any chance I could beta it for you? My email is jeckert21@gmail.com.
TheTehk17
jeckert21 wrote:Wow! Looks great! How much more needs to be done yet. Any chance I could beta it for you? My email is jeckert21@gmail.com.
I'm almost done with the MDPI version- haven't started HDPI yet, but for this particulat skin, it should be very simple.

Do you have MDPI or HDPI?

I'll email you a beta once most graphical bugs have been fixed.
jeckert21
That's great! I have an HDPI EVO. But I would certainly test the MDPI as well. Thanks....
TheTehk17
jeckert21 wrote:That's great! I have an HDPI EVO. But I would certainly test the MDPI as well. Thanks....
MDPI is done and looks even better then before! Now I'm porting everything over to HDPI. Should take one more day.
jeckert21
TheTehk17 wrote:
jeckert21 wrote:That's great! I have an HDPI EVO. But I would certainly test the MDPI as well. Thanks....
MDPI is done and looks even better then before! Now I'm porting everything over to HDPI. Should take one more day.
Sounds excellent, can't wait! I will check back tomorrow as well as email. Once again, great work!
TheTehk17
jeckert21 wrote: Sounds excellent, can't wait! I will check back tomorrow as well as email. Once again, great work!
May be a few more days. I'm having problems even getting the HDPI version to work. I'll let you know.
eolsgaard
That looks so awesome!

What's the keypress going to look like? My suggestion would be to have it just be a brighter version of the graphic that's already there, giving the effect of the half-outline "lighting-up" when pressed.
jeckert21
TheTehk17 wrote:
jeckert21 wrote: Sounds excellent, can't wait! I will check back tomorrow as well as email. Once again, great work!
May be a few more days. I'm having problems even getting the HDPI version to work. I'll let you know.
Hahahaha! No worries, As I said; I would be interested in the MDPI version as well if you wanted to send that one to me..... :-)
nicky041192
cant wait to get this on my wildfire!
sgill7
Any update on this yet? I'm really interested in the skin it looks amazing!!
TheTehk17
nicky041192 wrote:cant wait to get this on my wildfire!
sgill7 wrote:Any update on this yet? I'm really interested in the skin it looks amazing!!
dan55 wrote:looks cool. yes please :-)
It's done- two versions will be available, one with white keys like in the screenshot; the other with blue glowing keys.

I was going to wait and make two more versions (one green and one red) but if you guys want the skin badly I can put it up now :)

What do you think?
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote:blue glowing sounds good to me :-)
I was going to have both available as an option...

What I meant was, get one color (blue) now, or wait for two more (green and red)?
dan55
:-D that's what I meant :-) blue for me please
but if you prefer to wait I'm cool with that too :-)
cheers
dan
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote::-D that's what I meant :-) blue for me please
but if you prefer to wait I'm cool with that too :-)
cheers
dan
I'll see how long it would be to make two more skins. If I have to redo every pixed with the new colors, I'll just post the current skin now. If I find an easy color levels adjuster in Photoshop, both'll be ready tomorrow.
nbeebe24
this is absolutely gorgeous! When will this be available for download?