Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

glowkey (colors: blue, red, green, honeycomb!)

TheTehk17
Ok, here it is! Longly anticipated! There's something here for everyone. There's four colors initially, and each has two versions: one with colored keys, and one with normal white keys. Download what you want, but MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD INTO sdcard/skins! ENJOY!

Two updates are on the way... the first will update all the skins with the new prediction bar, and the second will be two additional skin colors.

Thanks to:
jeckert21, for awesome beta testing!
mylenthes, for providing the # value used in glowkey_honeycomb!
Go tell them both thanks!

Here's glowkey_blue:

glowkey_blue.zip 42.5 KB · downloaded 237,209 times

And with white text:

glowkey_blue_white-text.zip 37.5 KB · downloaded 96,795 times

blue.png
blue.png
TheTehk17
'glowkey_grey' and 'glowkey_grey_white-text' are in beta right now, but they'll be posted here once they're finished.
TheTehk17
glowkey_purple will go here when I fix it. Apparently, it doesn't work.
mylenthes
Woot
The blue doesn't match honeycomb very much but its close enough and still very great. I hope in the future you will add a honeycomb blue one.

Just my $0.02
mylenthes
I edited my message before you asked that as I didn't want to double post.
TheTehk17
mylenthes wrote:Woot
The blue doesn't match honeycomb very much
I didn't intend it to. The blue was based off of the Swiftkey tablet skin.
mylenthes
Oh, well I hope you make a honeycomb colored one inthe future.
TheTehk17
mylenthes wrote:Oh, well I hope you make a honeycomb colored one inthe future.
I'll try, what's this 'honeycomb' color?
mylenthes
#ff586991 is one code that was posted in the honeybread thread.
4b61a2 is the one I made for launcher pro as it uses a different code type. You should mess around though to see what you like.
TheTehk17
mylenthes wrote:#ff586991 is one code that was posted in the honeybread thread.
4b61a2 is the one I made for launcher pro as it uses a different code type. You should mess around though to see what you like.
Thanks, this helps me with my work. I'll do both, send you a PM with betas. I can't do it right now or tomorrow, but maybe next weekend.
dan55
blue on blue is AWESOME! :-) love it
many thanks for all your hard work
cheers
dan
Microsoft
WoOoW .. It's Very nice :shock:

I hope make another one with a gray color .. Pleeeeeeeeease ;)
7Stringer
The actual lettering seems a bit fuzzy compared to other skins, almost as if it isn't hi-res. Overall, though, it looks and operates nicely. I like all the color choices. I'm running it on a DX, by the way.
mylenthes
Ok, to save you some time I edited the file myself to suit honeycomb better. You can edit it and fix anything I may have broken and add it to your main posts if you like.

Attachments

Honeycomb.zip 48.6 KB · downloaded 1,503 times

nbeebe24
thank you for the skins! especially the honeycomb colors
TheTehk17
7Stringer wrote:The actual lettering seems a bit fuzzy compared to other skins, almost as if it isn't hi-res. Overall, though, it looks and operates nicely. I like all the color choices. I'm running it on a DX, by the way.
That's because I tried to add a glowing effect to the keys. I'm going to completely remove it from the *_white-text versions, and lessen it on the regular versions.

Did you see that I updated the MIUI_black1.2_smallkey for you?
TheTehk17
Microsoft wrote:WoOoW .. It's Very nice :shock:

I hope make another one with a gray color .. Pleeeeeeeeease ;)
I'll do that, during testing I was thinking a grey one would look nice. I'll PM you when it's up.
TheTehk17
mylenthes wrote:Ok, to save you some time I edited the file myself to suit honeycomb better. You can edit it and fix anything I may have broken and add it to your main posts if you like.
Thanks for the effort, this helps me even more! :)

I'll definitly adjust everything, and post it soon as I can.
dan55
hi
blue blue still my fave.
was wondering if it is possible to add a coloured key press?
don't worry if not.
other than that it is perfect thanks :-)

cheers
dan
7Stringer
Yeah, I got the MIUI one and it is great!

Let us know when you've updated the other ones without the glow.
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote:was wondering if it is possible to add a coloured key press?
Do you mean the color of the key text? I know that the blue colored keys on glowkey_blue.zip turns white when pressed, is that what you mean?
imjehh
beautiful! thanks a lot man! you did a great job
TheTehk17
7Stringer wrote:Let us know when you've updated the other ones without the glow.
I'm uploading all the new versions of the current skins, this will take away the blurryness (shadowing) from the *_white-text versions, and adjust the black levels of the normal skins' shadow- this will keep the shadow, but it won't look like the text is blurred. Try it out!

aaand... all the current skins are now uploaded with the changes you requested. Thank you!