Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

glowkey (colors: blue, red, green, honeycomb!)

TheTehk17
dan55 wrote:hi.
just back on the red glow key. nice :-)
is it possible to have key press color added please?

many thanks and happy new year

cheers
dan
Thanks, you too! ;)

Unfortunately, your suggestion is a limitation of Smart Keyboard.
dan55
hi.
how so? thought color key press was a common feature :-\

cheers
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote:hi.
how so? thought color key press was a common feature :-\

cheers
Are you talking about the color of the letters (in glowkey_red they're red, in glowkey_red_white-text they're white)?

If so, I can change the color of the letters in normal/unpressed state; but not when they're pressed.
dan55
ah I see . right I get you.
no I meant the color of the key itself when pressed. not the text.
it seems normal feature on most skins that I've tried

cheers

....just compared glow key against galaxy skin and the difference is that gk
changes a fine outline of the key whereas other styles change the whole key color.
I just find a whole key color change easier to see :-)
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote:ah I see . right I get you.
no I meant the color of the key itself when pressed. not the text.
it seems normal feature on most skins that I've tried

cheers
Oh ok.

What's wrong with the keypress? Does it not work?
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote:please see above post edit :-) thanks
Ah, I get it ;)

I can change that but not now. I'm out of town for the next two weeks :/ I'll do it when I get back.

I'm buying a Transformer Prime when I have enough cash, so I'll be able to do skin editing on-the-go sometime in the next few months.
dan55
:-) awesome thanks.
cool. that's a tasty bit of kit for sure :-D

have a good new years
TheTehk17
dan55 wrote::-) awesome thanks.
cool. that's a tasty bit of kit for sure :-D

have a good new years
Here it is, as promised:

glowkey_totalred.zip 42.1 KB · downloaded 1,019 times

Don't know if it works or not. I'm the developer of several ROMs for my phone and since I flash it so much, haven't had time to download Smart Keyboard. I'm missing it though :cry:
dan55
cool thanks. will get that loaded asap :-)
I can't live without it on mine. its one of the first apps to sort out after a flash
thanks
dan
dan55
cool - thanks - works a treat - cheers

btw: what is going on with this forum and all those dodgy threads! :/

cheers
dan
merosss
For anyone who could be interested, since I liked very much the style of this skin but I also loved the minimal black one, I made this dark gray one that to me fits really perfectly :)
Hope the author it's ok with this (in an open source conception ;) )

and btw, anyone knows how to modify the suggestion bar?

Attachments

glowkey_darkgrey.JPG
glowkey_darkgrey.JPG

glowkey_darkgrey(also HDPI).zip 31.2 KB · downloaded 973 times

TheTehk17
One year since the original release, to the exact date and time- and over 100,000 total downloads. Thanks guys ;)
archangel008
I love the glowkey blue and glowkey blue white. Is there anyway you can add a suggestion bar that matches the theme instead of the stock light grey one? editing the Smiley hotkey menu to fit the theme would be cool too! Thanks!
TheTehk17
archangel008 wrote:I love the glowkey blue and glowkey blue white. Is there anyway you can add a suggestion bar that matches the theme instead of the stock light grey one? editing the Smiley hotkey menu to fit the theme would be cool too! Thanks!

Glad you like it. I plan on implementing the suggestion bar when I can, but unfortunately, that is not one of my top priorities right now.
TheTehk17
Ordered a Galaxy Player 4.0 from Best Buy yesterday during their Memorial Day sale (got it $40 off), so I can finally have an HDPI device to test on. It will come by the end of next week, and then I am out of town the week directly after, so I will try and implement the suggestion bar in three weeks.
just_sham
I really like this red skin because it matches my overall phone theme. but two Major things that needs to be resolved.
1. the suggestion bar is white, which breaks the overall dark theme. so it must be black

2. the ALL CAPS button and T9 buttons don't change when they are turned on or off.

I would really appreciate a fix
TheTehk17
just_sham wrote:I really like this red skin because it matches my overall phone theme. but two Major things that needs to be resolved.
1. the suggestion bar is white, which breaks the overall dark theme. so it must be black

2. the ALL CAPS button and T9 buttons don't change when they are turned on or off.

I would really appreciate a fix

Thanks for the feedback. As you can see in my post above yours, I plan on implementing the suggestion bar in two weeks- I am out of town this week.

For the all caps and T9 buttons, I will see what I can do.