Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Chiclet for HVGA displays

ABQslim
Hey Zen! This is my favorite of the skins, though all of yours are great. Now I can try my hand in customizing from here since it is so cool to start :D
Thanks for your effort on this!
ABQslim
zen
ABQslim wrote:Hey Zen! This is my favorite of the skins, though all of yours are great. Now I can try my hand in customizing from here since it is so cool to start :D
Thanks for your effort on this!
ABQslim
Thanks. It's my fave too actually; which I'm using daily. Old but reliable. :P Would be great if you'd also share your creations as well :D The more the merrier.
ABQslim
Hi Zen and all,
Can't really say I have "created" a skin here, but I did figure out how to edit the xml file and rezip it. I love the Chiclet skin but wanted a blue popup, so I just swapped your galaxy pressed.9 file for the grey one and voila. I'll attach it here. I love how it looks! Now I've downloaded the SDK to get more "creative" but see that will be a whole new learning curve (and a much bigger one!).

Best wishes,
ABQslim

Attachments

BlueChiclet.zip 13.0 KB · downloaded 1,337 times

robbiep
ABQslim wrote:Hi Zen and all,
Can't really say I have "created" a skin here, but I did figure out how to edit the xml file and rezip it. I love the Chiclet skin but wanted a blue popup, so I just swapped your galaxy pressed.9 file for the grey one and voila. I'll attach it here. I love how it looks! Now I've downloaded the SDK to get more "creative" but see that will be a whole new learning curve (and a much bigger one!).

Best wishes,
ABQslim
Nice. I'm liking it.

Now this might sound weird, but could you possibly do the same thing to the Droid skin http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... f=13&t=616 . I'm not a big fan of the orange press color.
ABQslim
Hi Robbiep,
I have done the same now for the Droid skin and have posted in that thread. Looks pretty cool!
ABQslim
kino
I was just wondering if a WVGA version of this skin will be released?
zen
kino wrote:I was just wondering if a WVGA version of this skin will be released?
I'm not sure, haven't got around to making one yet.