Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

3DKey skin

yhwhsupports
Here's my first addition to open skins. Thanks to Link for the original 3DKey, and thanks to Pino for changing the background to black, and giving me the awesome green keypress, as well as Stealthychief for his colors and shift, delete, space, enter, and search images. I put this skin together using only my phone (granted all I had to do was edit an xml file and shuffle images around, and rename some files) and it only took about 30 minutes, so be glad to know, I made this skin while I was sitting on the John (or the Lou, depending upon which country you're in). All I have is the hdpi images (I believe the ldpi is just the 3DKeyd3 file updated by Pino). I'm posting this from my phone, so if it doesn't upload the zip file and the screenshots, I'll make another post with dropbox links to the skin and screenshots. I never edited the arrows if you use those in landscape (sorry, they're white).
yhwhsupports
Here's the same keyboard with green background and green typed word and green other words/symbols (I left the suggested word normal so you can still select the color in SKP options menu).

Here's the zip for the skin;
http://db.tt/GCSBP5K

And here's the screenshot of the skin:
http://db.tt/HJ4shs9

Again, I'm using my phone to edit these skins and to upload on this thread, which is why I'm using dropbox (I don't know how to upload the zip and the screenshot to this thread using only my phone, sorry).

Oh, yeah...I only edited the HDPI pictures (sorry low res phone owners).
mdlam
I love the 3dkey3d!!!!

Can you make it with the blue corner buttons you did on the earlier greyish style?
yhwhsupports
mdlam wrote:I love the 3dkey3d!!!!

Can you make it with the blue corner buttons you did on the earlier greyish style?

Here you go, I made two versions: the first has the blue corners (mod keys) with the same green keypress:
http://db.tt/tqQ6FwE

And the second has a blue keypress for the mod keys (while retaining the green keypress for all other keys):
http://db.tt/nxHj50r

I hope you like them :-)
mdlam
I'm digging the first one ALOT, the blue makes it awesome, do you think you can make the shift key blue as well? The symmetry would make it amazing.
yhwhsupports
I'm not sure, as that's not a mod key (and I really don't know much of what I'm doing) but I'll look into it. I believe the way SKP is written, the shift key has to be a normal key, but again, I'll look into it.
mdlam
Oh ok if not its fine, I'm still going to use it 24/7.
mdlam
Amazing!!! My permanent keyboard! Thanks skmuch
yhwhsupports
Perhaps you'll like this one, I changed the words in the suggestion bar to be as close as I could get to the color of the blue buttons, but since they're so light, it is a bit harder to see the words on the black suggestion bar, but I'm posting it just in case you'd like to take a look.

http://db.tt/aRYBwcd
mdlam
I think the alternative color you did for the suggestion bar was a solid idea but I think the blue is too hard to see. White isn't bad, but what if you tried the same nvidia green instead of the blue suggestions?
mdlam
The light blue color for the words is a fail, its way too hard to see. 3Dkeybluetheshiz is pretty much if not already the best damn looking keyboard currently available on touchphones, is a perfect design. We could try a nvidia green on the suggestion bar alternatives...but we already have a perfect working design, I would pay 1 or 2 bucks for this skin.
yhwhsupports
If anyone is interested, here's a blue edition of 3DKey. It should work on all phones (hdpi and ldpi).

http://db.tt/wK6rstI
snap20110730_163807.png
snap20110730_163807.png

Attachments

3DBlueKeys.zip 54.5 KB · downloaded 1,293 times

yhwhsupports
I'm not quite sure of this one, if anyone has any suggestions to make this one better, leave a comment. It's a whitish silver 3DKey with black mod keys, and black letters on the normal keys. It's only for hdpi screens.

http://db.tt/6cj9OBF
snap20110730_163754.png
snap20110730_163754.png

Attachments

3DKeyWhite2.zip 82.4 KB · downloaded 1,212 times

yhwhsupports
And yet another one. Sorry to all those mdpi phone owners, if you're interested in any of these skins for your low rez screen, post a reply and if there's enough demand, I'll edit the .png files for those phones.
snap20110730_163748.png
snap20110730_163748.png

3DKeyWhiteBlue.zip 68.0 KB · downloaded 1,212 times

yhwhsupports
I keep going back to this one, it has green words in the suggestion bar, that's the only difference to the Green3D.zip
snap20110730_163801.png
snap20110730_163801.png

Green3Dgreen.zip 95.9 KB · downloaded 1,546 times

wattpuppy
Can you change the color of the long press popup. i.e. Long press "Z" and get "!". I'm using 3dKeyd and really want that to be green also.
yhwhsupports
I don't think that's possible. I don't see anywhere in the skin.xml where there is an option to change that. Perhaps it's Android native. But you can put a request in the "Feature Request" forum, and Cyril might make it an option.
jeckert21
Could you make one with the main keys being White with Black font and the alt keys the Blue key color with white font?
yhwhsupports
I'll see what I can do maybe this weekend about getting a more "white" colored key, but by rearranging files using my phone, I've got you this to maybe tide you over until then. Download from dropbox:

http://db.tt/yquzNU0
yhwhsupports
And green with a little less texture, and as with all my skins, unless it's specifically listed, they are only for hdpi screens (hi-rez):

Attachments

3DGreaterGreen.zip 82.3 KB · downloaded 1,307 times

3DGreaterGreen.png
3DGreaterGreen.png
yhwhsupports
Turquoise (is that how you spell it?) haha.

Attachments

3DTurboTurquoise.zip 56.7 KB · downloaded 1,603 times

3DTurboTurquoise.png
3DTurboTurquoise.png