Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Honeycomb skin

meyergre
Honeycomb theme for Smart Keyboard Pro

External image (lepetitpingouin.fr)

EDIT :Give a look at AndroidGX improvements on this skin here ;)

NEWEST - 08/07/2011 (updated)

Honeycomb.zip 9.4 KB · downloaded 88,638 times

+ pictures are more clean
+ prediction bar update
+ buttons update
! Basically designed for landscape use, if the graphics are bigger than the buttons, just ask for a smaller version.

06/13/2011

Honeycomb (XOOM).zip 10.8 KB · downloaded 19,753 times

+ New pictures : now looking exactly like the XOOM's one
+ prediction bar ! (skp 4.2+)

05/08/2011

Honeycomb.zip 29.0 KB · downloaded 22,182 times

+ pictures are now reduced and should be adapted to all screens (ldpi, mdpi, hdpi)
+ now just named "Honeycomb"
+ added on External image (wwwstatic.megaupload.com)MegaUpload (downloading from MU makes me earning reward points on it, so it's a free way to support me ;))
+ smooth edges
jeckert21
Great work! I would be very interested. Thanks.
meyergre
Thanks, jeckert21.

Here is a new version, looking closer to the original skin. (see 1st post) ;)
jeckert21
LOVE it! Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it.
meyergre
you're welcome ;)

Don't hesitate to ask for update if there is something wrong
dan55
nice job :) i really like the bright blue key press colour - makes i pop nicely

thanks
dan
wretchedlocket
Any chance of getting a non-bold font version? I'm on the nook color with HDPI and bold keys are a little overkill. Aside from that, its awesome. Great work.

Sent from my Nook Color (zoom2) using Tapatalk
meyergre
Sure. Should I remove the white "shadow" around the letters too ? (I've never had a Nook, so I don't really see what you mean :oops: )
wretchedlocket
meyergre wrote:Sure. Should I remove the white "shadow" around the letters too ? (I've never had a Nook, so I don't really see what you mean :oops: )
Actually, I got bored and removed the bold myself. I hope you don't mind. I've never messed with keyboard skins (been meaning to though) so I thought this was a good opportunity to see what these themes consist of. Removing the bold was just enough. The shadows actually look good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
meyergre
Actually, I got bored and removed the bold myself. I hope you don't mind.
Don't hesitate to extract the files to modify them, I'm not gonna bite ;)
N1des
Can someone post the non-bold zip here? The bold is a bit too much for me on my Thunderbolt. Otherwise... This is BY FAR the best SKP skin of all time imo! I love the Honeycomb look and feel!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
meyergre
N1des wrote:Can someone post the non-bold zip here? The bold is a bit too much for me on my Thunderbolt. Otherwise... This is BY FAR the best SKP skin of all time imo! I love the Honeycomb look and feel!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Yup, you can download it on the 1st post ;) (Hum... to be honest, I didn't test it yet... it SHOULD be non-bold. Otherwise, just tell me :))

EDIT : I just tested it on my Nexus One (2.3.3) and NI Adam (2.2) : it works. In addition to the thin letters, the last link has been graphically updated (CAPS LOCK button's light)
N1des
OMG! This is sweet! I'm using it now - it looks perfect. Great job, and thank you so much!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
AndroidGX
Hi there !

Just registered in this board to comments your beautiful work.
Finally a great honeycomb skin, that was time ! :D

The skin is almost perfect, I just suggest to use real honeycomb colors (screenshot HERE) instead of "bluewish" heys.

The shift key desserves a bit larger blue led I guess, like the screenshot shows it too, otherwise it's an overall very nice skin, many thanks for your hard work! 8-)
meyergre
Yep, i'll do it this afternoon ;)

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
AndroidGX
Nice mate, many thanks, hope to see that but take your time if needed ;)
meyergre
AndroidGX wrote: Just registered in this board to comments your beautiful work.
Finally a great honeycomb skin, that was time ! :D
That's very nice, thanks :-)
AndroidGX wrote: The skin is almost perfect, I just suggest to use real honeycomb colors (screenshot HERE) instead of "bluewish" heys.
Just done ;) it looks still a bit blue, but not as much as before. Anyway, the original one is a bit blue too ;)
AndroidGX wrote: The shift key desserves a bit larger blue led I guess, like the screenshot shows it too, otherwise it's an overall very nice skin, many thanks for your hard work! 8-)
You're right, thanks for the screenshot. It seems to be around 1/3 of the key... Well, mine is about 1/2 for now, but I'm getting even closer ;)

New release on the 1st post :D
AndroidGX
Fantastic work that you just released, many thanks! 8-)

All seems ok so far now, maybe 1 more critic : the caps, return, 123, back etc keys are still dark blue instead of beeing dark gray.

Many thanks again mate for your work :)
meyergre
AndroidGX wrote: the caps, return, 123, back etc keys are still dark blue instead of beeing dark gray
I really don't know what you mean ... ;) (see 1st post, it should be OK now)
AndroidGX
Sorry, I try to be more clear ;)
Remember the screenshot I provided of the honeycomb keyboard here ?, for exemple the color of the shift key on your skin is dark blue, on the real honeycomb keyboard, it's dark gray as you can see ;)
Do you see what I mean now ? if not don't hesitate to tell me, I will try to explain better with pleasure 8-)
meyergre
AndroidGX wrote:Sorry, I try to be more clear ;)
I was kidding :P I just re-uploaded the ZIP file on the 1st post, I totally desaturated the keys you mentionned, so they should be grey now ;)
AndroidGX
meyergre wrote:
AndroidGX wrote:Sorry, I try to be more clear ;)
I was kidding :P I just re-uploaded the ZIP file on the 1st post, I totally desaturated the keys you mentionned, so they should be grey now ;)

héhé :)
I just tried you new skin, the shift keys like, are now perfect! good job, but why did you puted back the main keys to bluewish again ? :(
If you can do a mix of the upload when you corrected the less bluewish and this latest, it will be perfect this time :D

I'am annoying I know :mrgreen: (sorry about that) :D
Many thanks for you work 8-)
meyergre
AndroidGX wrote: I just tried you new skin, the shift keys like, are now perfect! good job, but why did you puted back the main keys to bluewish again ? :(
If you can do a mix of the upload when you corrected the less bluewish and this latest, it will be perfect this time :D
Well... :roll: too much files opened at the same time, I guess...

Should be good now. ;)
AndroidGX wrote:I'am annoying I know :mrgreen: (sorry about that) :D
No problem : it's the best way to improve the skin ;)
AndroidGX
meyergre wrote:
AndroidGX wrote: I just tried you new skin, the shift keys like, are now perfect! good job, but why did you puted back the main keys to bluewish again ? :(
If you can do a mix of the upload when you corrected the less bluewish and this latest, it will be perfect this time :D
Well... :roll: too much files opened at the same time, I guess...

Should be good now. ;)
AndroidGX wrote:I'am annoying I know :mrgreen: (sorry about that) :D
No problem : it's the best way to improve the skin ;)

It's now perfect ! nice job, many thanks to bring us finally a perfect honeycomb keyboard! 8-)
meyergre
AndroidGX wrote:It's now perfect ! nice job, many thanks to bring us finally a perfect honeycomb keyboard! 8-)
It's a pleasure, I don't really have things to do at home currently... :ugeek: :mrgreen:
inate71
Can you change the Suggestion Box color? Whenever someone makes an awesome theme like this, the suggestion box never matches, ruining the theme. :( I'd do it myself, but I lack teh know-how.
meyergre
inate71 wrote:Can you change the Suggestion Box color? Whenever someone makes an awesome theme like this, the suggestion box never matches, ruining the theme. :( I'd do it myself, but I lack teh know-how.
Unfortunately, that's something I can't do :(
It seems that it's not possible yet. You should ask the developers to add this kind of abilities, maybe in the app settings, or even in the XML file of the skin...
If it becomes possible, I'd be glad to enhance my skin :)

EDIT : I just read your topic about it. waiting for the dev team to answer...
BigBootyJay26
i wanna kno if u can do a pink or purple keyboard like this?