Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Honeycomb skin

meyergre
Right, a mistake on the pressed button picture... :?

This one is working on my Nexus One.

LDPI.zip 33.9 KB · downloaded 802 times

meyergre
schrochem wrote:love the skins.
I really like the color scheme you did on the kromoneycomb [...]
Anyway you could throw those colors into the cupertino skin?[...]

I always liked those smaller keys..... :)
Meaning the exact cupertino skin, with just the kromoneycomb colours instead of original ones ?
that's to say, dark blue/grey keys, and a gradient when pressed ?
schrochem
Yes the color of the keys that are also in your honeycomb skin. The only thing from the kromoneycomb is the blue color in the pressed.png
I have and hdpi phone btw.
I tried doing this myself in photoshop with not so great of luck... :)
I do have a 'different' looking keyboard now! but the colors aren't as cool as your honeycomb.
meyergre
Feel free to get the file from my skin, I would have made it for you with pleasure, but I'm cruely lacking free time these days :( ...
meyergre
New update available (see 1st post for details)
screenshot.png
screenshot.png
dan55
hi
thanks for the new skin.
downloaded it and renamed it as have a few honeycomb ones but can't tell which it is :-\
is there any way to tell?
thanks
dan
meyergre
dan55 wrote:hi
thanks for the new skin.
downloaded it and renamed it as have a few honeycomb ones but can't tell which it is :-\
is there any way to tell?
thanks
dan
you can edit the skin.xml file, inside the .zip, and add something to the name of the skin to identify them in the list
AndroidGX
hello ! :)

Really like the latest update mate.
Just did a small touch' to get alt-label keys a bit "lighter" because it was too darky for me and sometimes can't see them when I'am out (sun condition).

Here is what it looks :

Attachments

landscape.png
landscape.png

Honeycomb (AndroidGX).zip 9.4 KB · downloaded 4,769 times

meyergre
You're right, it's better like you did. more visible. Maybe it depends on the screen's technology too ;) nicely done
AndroidGX
hmm strange, I just opened the original zip file from meyergre and modified the xml inside to change the color and saved it :( normally it should work without any problem then, did you tried to select another skin and back to mine after ? or a reboot / dalvik cache cleaning maybe ?
meyergre
AndroidGX wrote:hmm strange, I just opened the original zip file from meyergre and modified the xml inside to change the color and saved it :( normally it should work without any problem then, did you tried to select another skin and back to mine after ? or a reboot / dalvik cache cleaning maybe ?
My original zip is mostly for Standard or High resolution devices ; his wildfire S has a smaller res., so some adaptations are needed on the key's PNGs. (basically, deleting some transparent pixels between the button and the 9-patch black line)
Btw, I reduced the symbols too, they might be a bit pixelated... :?
kromonos wrote:Could you please make the gap between the keys smaler?
Try this one, and come back to me if it's not better ;)

Honeycomb (AndroidGX) Low res.zip 9.3 KB · downloaded 1,537 times

kromonos
:)
device-2011-09-21-064123.png
device-2011-09-21-064123.png
device-2011-09-21-064151.png
device-2011-09-21-064151.png
meyergre
I guess it's OK now ? ;)

or maybe you would prefer 1 more pixel less on each side ?
kromonos
hmm ...
*tryied* ...
1px less on each side please :)
kromonos
Perfect work :) Big thx :) I love it :) :)
I'll post screenshots this afternoon, when I'm at home :)
AndroidGX
Hehe, happily meyergre was here to answer :) he's doing a very good job, as always!

I'am using this skin everyday and all I can say is I'am really enjoying it!

Ah, one thing, you guys can of course rename AndroiGX by something else, it's just that I didn't know how to rename it once modification has been done :D all the great work owns to meyergre! not me. ;)
chanuvarma
05/08/2011

Honeycomb.zip
(28.98 KiB) Downloaded 9283 times

can anyone please develop the above skin in white, or in any light color, I love this key board as its having required horizontal space.
also increase vertical space please. Please see the attached screenshot asking for changes

Please do this favor and provide this changes, to make your an amazing keyboard.

you can mail me at chanuvarma@gmail.com

Attachments

240px-Honeycomb.png
240px-Honeycomb.png
chanuvarma
Please do changes to the attached file pls
Please do changes to the attached file pls
Please do changes to the attached file pls
Please do changes to the attached file pls
Please do changes to the attached file pls

Attachments

Honeycomb.zip 9.4 KB · downloaded 848 times