Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Looking for beta-testers

chtamina
cyril wrote:it's now fixed in 3.12.0-beta-1, which also includes a way to restore settings from the trial version. Let me know your results!
sure I'll test it ASAP

EDIT: it looks like it's working

EDIT 2: is there any new options except the restore from trial?
cyril Developer
chtamina wrote:EDIT 2: is there any new options except the restore from trial?
Not yet, only the dictionary fix
Violetfox
Ive been working with this keyboard for a while now and I noticed that sometimes when i type i landscape mode, the text doesn't show up in the text box when i type. This has been a problem with previous versions on my phone as well, and it wasn't concentrated on only one application. When i press enter to send the message tho, the message i wanted to type does send. I tried to see if i disable all the predictive options in the keyboard if it'll help solve the problem, but it still stays there. Its this a bug or might it just be because my phone isn't very good? i thought of letting you know about it anyway just in case. :)
SaKeygo
I had a similar problem. I don't know if this will help in your case or not.

Go into General Settings.

Find the option "No Landscape Fullscreen (Don't switch to fullscreen mode in landscape orientation)"

Make sure that it is unchecked.

I noticed with some apps that I use SmartKeyboard with, that the text would get "thrown off the screen" when I had that option enabled.
graffixnyc
I would love to test future releases. I'm running a mytouch 4g rooted, running Cyanogen Mod 7 (gingerbread)
cyril Developer
Here is a new beta (3.16.0) to test!

Features:
- Option to display arrows on main keyboard in portrait and/or landscape
- Option to move cursor with volume keys
- CSV export / import of the user dictionary and custom AutoTexts
- Fixed refresh of the user dictionary when words are added from the settings and not the prediction bar
boowalley
Luv it. :D By making it an option it satisfy's both camps. The one's that love being able to navigate directly from the main screen and those that don't just can ignore checking that option. As you know from my constant pleading that I happen to believe that having that feature makes editing a breeze although I don't make that many mistakes thanks to you excellent keyboard. I hope this feature makes it Primetime because I see it being implicated more often on the other major keyboard apps. Plus this is something that many HTC users have become accustom to by default. Thanks for delivering again, Cyril.
Ps. It'll be hard to find anything else to beg for. The keyboard is that good but keep doing your thing to keep ahead of the competition :mrgreen:
1 more thing: Typing in landscape mode seems a lot more fluid because of the position of the arrows. It seems more natural on my 4.3 in screen. Before, it seemed that I had to reach but now the letters seem ideal for landscape.
cyril Developer
boowalley wrote:I hope this feature makes it Primetime
I couldn't wait ;) It's already out
Ps. It'll be hard to find anything else to beg for
You cannot imagine how easy it is for many other people ;)
nicky041192
Any news on what will be new in the next version?
*cough* Copy, Cut, Paste *cough* :P

Or an online repo for skins ;)
cyril Developer
The next version will have enhancements for European languages, with the new option "Accents priority", and fixes for tablets (especially Xoom)

It can be downloaded here.

About the online skins repository, it's only related to the web site, not the app itself, but anyway I hope I will find some time to do this one day.
cyril Developer
New feature added in the above beta: "touch to correct" (enabled by default), which allows to bring up the prediction bar when the cursor is moved to an already typed word.
Please give your feedbacks to this version!
serenewaffles
It works to bring up the suggestion bar, and selecting new words also works in English. T9 next button does not work properly. It looks like it cycles once properly, but seems to break after that.

EDIT: One other thing: consider using that final decimal in the version number to differentiate better.

EDIT 2: When using the hardware keyboard on the Droid 2, clicking brings up the suggestion bar and I can't make it go away until I leave the text field.

EDIT 3: T9 next still works right for new words after re-editing breaks it.

EDIT 4: Using backspace to eliminate the space following a word so that you can re-edit it causes the next space to remove the word and enter a period as if you had pressed space twice. This occurs in T9 and regular qwerty (portrait).

EDIT 5: I haven't been able to reproduce the problem in EDIT4

EDIT 6: Sorry for all the edits. If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted. Typing anything in this situation will cause the word to be replaced completely. This makes the entire message uneditable if you have the keyboard set to not insert a space after word suggestions/insertions.
ock
serenewaffles wrote:
EDIT 6: Sorry for all the edits. If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted. Typing anything in this situation will cause the word to be replaced completely. This makes the entire message uneditable if you have the keyboard set to not insert a space after word suggestions/insertions.
I can reproduce this issue too, touch to correct suggestions work great though. :D
cyril Developer
ock wrote:
serenewaffles wrote: EDIT 6: Sorry for all the edits. If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted. Typing anything in this situation will cause the word to be replaced completely. This makes the entire message uneditable if you have the keyboard set to not insert a space after word suggestions/insertions.
I can reproduce this issue too, touch to correct suggestions work great though. :D
Selecting words after a touch actually only works starting from Gingerbread, so for now I removed this feature from the beta (maybe I'll put it back again later if I find a solution to this problem)
boowalley
:? Whew, I couldn't reproduce the option you guys where talking about. I have Froyo. Cyril's last post cleared up my confusion :)
cyril Developer
Just to clarify again, I was just talking about "If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted". The whole feature "touch to correct" works on all versions of Android.
serenewaffles
Excellent, from what little testing I've done so far, it seems to be working perfectly with the latest beta. Keep up the great work!
cyril Developer
This version is now available on the market as a "4.0.0". Thanks for your feedbacks!
boowalley
:?: Where can I find this option ? (Touch to correct) I think i read where you said it's there by default but I must be missing something. I've also checked in the settings and don't see the option or a check box. When I move the cursor over a word and the word is highlighted, I only get the same action as before. A highlighted word.
cyril Developer
It's in "Text prediction" settings (at the end). Are you using the latest version from the market?
boowalley
:o Ahhhhh, in the about page in settings I see (3.17.0- beta). I thought I was using 4.0, but wait a minute in my apps the version says 4.0.0, maybe it didn't update correctly. I would hate to have to uninstall reinstall because my settings and dictionary are just the way I like . But I can't miss out on any features. Damn. :twisted:
boowalley
That did it . Kool feature. :P Thanks again.
chtamina
finally, that's a cool feature and I just tried it and it works).

thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
boowalley
:D Luv this " touch to correct " feature. Nicely implemented. Especially like the way I can capitalized the first letter of a word by just touching the word and hitting the shift key. I believe thats unique, I haven't seen any other keyboard with this ability.
c00ller
I'm already running the 4.2.0 beta you linked to in the feature request, but I'm still interested in future betas :)
cyril Developer
Future version 4.2.0 is almost ready, you are welcome to test it! Download beta here.

Features:

* Builtin Gingerbread skin
* Added Windows 7 sound style
* Show suggestions in Galaxy S2 mail client
* Faster load of the smart dictionary
* "Extended compact/T9" option (in language settings) to display all the letters in the long press popup (English only)
* Added belarusian and indonesian layouts
* Improved macedonian layout
* Added T9 thai layout
* More localizations
* Prediction bar is now skinable
* Added hebrew quotes
* Fixed punctuation suggestions after touch to correct
* Fixed capitalization of suggestions
* Don't display the language icon if "physical keyboard" option is off
* "Ignore hard keyboard" option can now be used for Droid Pro with Gingerbread
boowalley
Sure will. You don't have to ask me twice :D