Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
* Calibration tool * Skin preview * New swipe actions: cursor movements and space * Farsi layout * Bug fixes
As usual let me know if you see problems
(the beta will be removed when this version is released officially)
fekish
Calibration seems to be working ok... Skin preview is smooth and quick!
I can see a swipe sensitivity now, however for the message under i can read only: Set the sensitivity of gestures. Warning: if you increase the sensitivity too much,
Until there, the other message cannot be shown...
fekish
Cyril, i think you should add for height key: back to default.
If we chose the skin again from start, the height it will go to default again?
Is there anything else new on the new beta?
Zarch
fekish wrote:Cyril, i think you should add for height key: back to default.
Agree with this. I played around with the height just to test, but had no idea what the default height should have been when I tried putting it back.
Also, does messing with the height have a negative impact on any calibration you've done?
cyrilDeveloper
Well, the default height is in the middle position of the slide. I will see how to add a reset button anyway And yes, you should restart calibration after changing the height, as you will probably type a different way
cyrilDeveloper
New in the latest beta: you can now set the key height in both portrait and landscape, and you can click on the phone icon to reset the value to the default
PROXIMO
is this beta any different than v3.10.2 I mean there is beta for testing, but doesn't say what changes it contains (or this is for security measures)
cyrilDeveloper
It was the same until one minute ago, but now you can test a new feature here: the "large space bar" option!
Enhanced
Just enabled the Large Space Bar option and it works very well. Only suggestion I would have is to automatically input a space after the comma (when long pressing on the space bar). Just a small annoyance as I'm sure 100% of the time, everyone typing grammatically would put a space after a comma anyways. Would just eliminate the extra step of tapping the space bar one more time after putting in a comma. Just a small thing though!
Thanks for listening to our suggestions. Only requested the larger space bar a day ago and it's already incorporated. Love the community interaction and you listening to our feedback. This is definitely the best keyboard on the market.
mcdaaniel
I'm very happy to see that such a great keyboard is still getting development to become even better. If you need any testers I'd be more than happy to help out.
cyrilDeveloper
Here is a new beta ready for testing: 3.12.0-beta.
Nothing new at the moment, but I rewrote the user and smart dictionary for better performance and memory usage, so I'd like to know if: - smart and user dictionaries are not broken - you notice an improvement if you had lag issues
chtamina
will old custom user dictionary work normally on this new beta?
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
cyrilDeveloper
chtamina wrote:will old custom user dictionary work normally on this new beta?
yes
chtamina
I'm using this new beta since a week and I had no problem on my HTC desire (till now). Is there something I should try ?
cyrilDeveloper
Can other people try the 3.12.0 beta version again? It's the same as the version 3.11.1 I tried to put on the market, but many people (but not all) experienced issues with the user dictionary (or even crashes) with this version. I'd be interested in knowing if this version works for you, and which phone / android version you have Thanks
SaKeygo
I imagine that a crash would be pretty obvious. As far as other problems, anything in specific that you should keep an eye out for?
chtamina
is t9 working?
cyrilDeveloper
SaKeygo wrote:I imagine that a crash would be pretty obvious. As far as other problems, anything in specific that you should keep an eye out for?
I guess a good test is to check that words added to the user dictionary are really taken into account
bemymonkey
Dictionary seems fine on 3.12.0 beta on my Desire. No problems on 3.11.1 either though :p
cyrilDeveloper
That's the main problem: I cannot reproduce any bug, and I guess most people didn't have any problem with this version 3.11.1, otherwise there would have been much more complaints. But I cannot publish it back until the issue is understood.
bemymonkey
Have you received any EXACT symptoms, with instructions on how to reproduce?
Posts like http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... ?f=3&t=848 are rather ambiguous, as the symptoms could also apply with simple user error, as adding words via long-press and then "add to user dictionary" does not add the words to Smart Keyboard, but rather Android Keyboard's user dictionary (I opened a bug tracker issue about this a few months ago).
-edit- bugtracker is down, by the way...
nicky041192
trying out beta. no problems yet on my wildfire 2.2.
cyrilDeveloper
bemymonkey wrote:Have you received any EXACT symptoms, with instructions on how to reproduce?
I saw crash reports in the android market developer console, and other users reported that the user dictionary didn't work at all. I will prepare a new version in which the improved dictionary will be optional, so that it can be released to the market again.
nicky041192
cyril wrote:
bemymonkey wrote:Have you received any EXACT symptoms, with instructions on how to reproduce?
I saw crash reports in the android market developer console, and other users reported that the user dictionary didn't work at all. I will prepare a new version in which the improved dictionary will be optional, so that it can be released to the market again.
The dictionary works perfectly fine for me. I haven't noticed any performance improvements though to the dictionary.
I'd like to see you focus on increasing the speed of the keyboard if possible. There isn't many features I think you can add anymore. That's what makes this keyboard the best! But I like to see it be a bit more optimised for lower spec phones such as the HTC Wildfire. It IS fast. But I think it could be a little faster
I can't really fault this keyboard.
Keep up the good work!
MikaelG
Hi,
There is 2 problems I notice in the new version:
- The new words added to dictionary that is just recognize after a reboot (or a force close of the keyboard) - The words from the user dictionary with capitalized letter that isn't recognize if typed entirely (ex.: If I already added this word to the user dictionary: TELUS, if I'm starting to write: "tel" I will see the word in the suggestion, but if I write: "telus" the word isn't recognize so it will not be capitalized.
But now in this version, the user dictionary words with "-" are now recognize so if I write «peutetre» (French) it will be «peut-être» VERY GOOD (It wasn't like this in the previous version)
But I prefer to add the « - » sign instead of all the capital letter so I revert to the other version. BUT THE 2 WOULD BE GREAT!
joseftor
I'm interested in helping test out the beta. I have an HTC Evo 4G. Thanks.
chtamina
joseftor wrote:I'm interested in helping test out the beta. I have an HTC Evo 4G. Thanks.
MikaelG wrote:But now in this version, the user dictionary words with "-" are now recognize so if I write «peutetre» (French) it will be «peut-être» VERY GOOD (It wasn't like this in the previous version)
I'm very interested in doing BETA TESTING for you. I have and currently do such work for several high end companies, but due to non disclosure agreements, I cannot say who. I'm sure you can appreciate that. My phone is the SE Xperia x10a, running on Android 2.1.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to BETA TEST for you!
Gunny
cyrilDeveloper
Hello there was indeed a big bug in the user/smart dictionary code in v3.11.1 and in the previous beta, but this bug had random effects, that's why everyone didn't notice it. Hopefully it's now fixed in 3.12.0-beta-1, which also includes a way to restore settings from the trial version. Let me know your results!